SL4 Seminar

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Essentially we learned how to step back into a neutral bow. then we worked on drag step forward, drag step back, step drag forward, step drag back, step through forward and back and then change direction 90 degree and then the cover step. We also did an intro to the hammering inward block and the vertical outward block and touched on an AOD drill. The drills touched on the PAM and the BAM.

It was fun and even intrigued my 15 year old son who I snuck in despite Doc's aversion to training youngsters. The great thing was we had a room full of mostly black belts with a fair amount of red showing and every one just set to work learning Kenpo basics. Everyone had fun and 4 hours was not nearly enough time.

If Doc can make learning to walk this much fun I can hardly imagine how interesting his regular classes are.

By the Way Doc, Brant tried the step back, PAM the front foot at wrestling yesterday and was able to just stand there when his opponent shot to take him down.

Thanks for your time Doc.

Jeff

After I forst learned that step-back & PAM thing, I was able to hold a mosh pile from moving any further in a certain direction. They had to chnage directions, because they couldn't move me to get through me. Good stuff.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
By the Way Doc, Brant tried the step back, PAM the front foot at wrestling yesterday and was able to just stand there when his opponent shot to take him down.

Thanks for your time Doc.

Jeff
That can't be sir. Everyone knows it can't really be as simple as just "knowing the basics." :)

We'll do more next time and get deeper into SubLevel Three. That is a lot of fun.