Silat seminar in Athens, OH on May 1st.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The seminar will be taught by Guru Kelly M. Smith. Mr. Smith offers two styles of Pencak Silat for study. He is one of only three people in the United States certified to teach both the Suwanda Family System of Pencak Silat Mande Muda under the late Pendekar Herman Suwanda and the Hanafi family system of Pencak Silat Minangkabau Harimau under Guru-Besar Richard Crabbe-DeBordes.

This seminar is sponsored by the Ohio University Mixed Martial Arts Club. The seminar will take place Athens, OH in the Combatives Room of Ohio University's Ping Recreation Center. The dates and times are Sat. May 1st, noon - 5 pm. The cost is $40 cash (plus $7 facility fee) and there will be no video or audio recording allowed. Please contact Ron Raleigh at email [email protected] (or MartialTalk.com user name: OULobo) for further infromation. All styles and experience levels are welcome. Appropriate attire Only. No inappropriate t-shirts or shorts, please. Feel free to bring water and refreshments. Hope to see some forumites there.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
The seminar will be taught by Guru Kelly M. Smith. Mr. Smith offers two styles of Pencak Silat for study. He is one of only three people in the United States certified to teach both the Suwanda Family System of Pencak Silat Mande Muda under the late Pendekar Herman Suwanda and the Hanafi family system of Pencak Silat Minangkabau Harimau under Guru-Besar Richard Crabbe-DeBordes.

This seminar is sponsored by the Ohio University Mixed Martial Arts Club. The seminar will take place Athens, OH in the Combatives Room of Ohio University's Ping Recreation Center. The dates and times are Sat. May 1st, noon - 5 pm. The cost is $40 cash (plus $7 facility fee) and there will be no video or audio recording allowed. Please contact Ron Raleigh at email [email protected] (or MartialTalk.com user name: OULobo) for further infromation. All styles and experience levels are welcome. Appropriate attire Only. No inappropriate t-shirts or shorts, please. Feel free to bring water and refreshments. Hope to see some forumites there.

Having known Kelly for several years and had the opportunity to work out with him on several occasions, I'd recommend that anyone who can make this seminar should. He's a good guy with a very solid grasp of Harimau and good stuff to teach. I don't know if I can make it, but I'm going to try - Athens isn't all that far from me. And it'd be cool to meet some other people from here while I'm at it :)

Mike

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the recomendation Mike. You are more than welcome in Athens and for the cost of the seminar, I think everyone would get their money's worth. I hope to see you there and I can introduce you to some of the OU MMA club.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Thanks for the recomendation Mike. You are more than welcome in Athens and for the cost of the seminar, I think everyone would get their money's worth. I hope to see you there and I can introduce you to some of the OU MMA club.

Absolutely. I'm going to try to make it. I've penciled it into my schedule and, barring unforseen obstacles, I plan on attending :)

I'll e-mail you when we get closer to the date and let you know for sure and, if I am coming, to get directions. I'm hosting a seminar the weekend before that here in Louisville - if anyone's interested, the info for it's at http://impactacademy.com/seminars/flyers/triple_impact

Part of my ability to attend your seminar depends on how well that seminar does. So, hopefully, it'll do well enough to give me some spare spending money.

Mike