Should religous groups be allowed to control the health services they provide?

Should churches be allowed to control what medical services you receive?

• Should be left up to the doctor's personal beliefs regardless of hospital ownership.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
qft
As I noted many pages of angst ago, if the hospital is the only one available and there is no other recourse for the patient then, unless there is no one competent to perform the operation, it would be an imposition upon the freedoms of the patient to deny her. By that same token, if there is only the one doctor available and he/she holds religious beliefs that prevent them from carrying out the abortion, then forcing them to do so is a breach of their freedoms too.

So where does the least harm lie? That should be the yardstick by which the medical practitioner measures their response. It's hardly a good position for them to be in as there is no good answer as far as they are concerned, for they will be doing harm one way or another whatever they choose.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An interesting point was brought up regarding this discussion the other night, that has me going, Hmmmm...

The Bill of Rights are rights that belong to the individual... in just the same way that the 2nd Amendment applies to the PEOPLE and, unlike most gun hatin' pinko commie lefties (joke relax) would have you think the NOT the Militia, so to does the right of "Freedom of Religion" belong to the individual, and NOT the organization itself.

Thoughts?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting point was brought up regarding this discussion the other night, that has me going, Hmmmm...

The Bill of Rights are rights that belong to the individual... in just the same way that the 2nd Amendment applies to the PEOPLE and, unlike most gun hatin' pinko commie lefties (joke relax) would have you think the NOT the Militia, so to does the right of "Freedom of Religion" belong to the individual, and NOT the organization itself.

Thoughts?

This is, in fact, a valid argument, excepting, of course, that "corporations are persons."

And "religious organizations" are corporations.....some much more than others.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what might be a problem with the poll, and somone else may have already pointed it out. Should Churches be allowed to control what medical services people recieve isn't an accurate representation of the situation.

The question should be, Should a private religous group be forced to provide certain medical coverage to their employee's if it goes against their religous principals. That might be a better question but it still doesn't cover the situation. I know, you can't cover everything with one sentence questions.

Latest Discussions