Should I stay or go?

Should I Stay or Go?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
P

paihequan

As it is that there are some on MT who are less than friendly when one posts and seeing that polls of this type seem popular then I also opt to open it up for all.

Should I stay on MT and continue to do my best to contribute if and when I can as a person or should I go?

OP
M

MartialArtist

It's your choice. If you want to stay, then stay if you want. If you want to go, then we are powerless to stop you.

If you let a few statements get to you, then nobody can't stop you. If the words someone are really hurtful, then maybe there's some truth behind the statements. I personally just throw them out of my mind.

OP
P

paihequan

Thank you for your reply and the wisdom of your post.

As for words, they are just that. Most usually they are motivated by political, personal, commercial or ego-motivated agendas. I care little for any of these.

Have I made mistakes in the past? ... yes, I am human. Have I atoned for same ... yes. Have I moved forward? ..... yes.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
only you can make that decission and baseing it on a poll may not be the correct way to do it. ask yourslef a few questions.
do you want to stay.
can you contribute in a friendly manner
do you enjoy yourslef when you help others
Why did you come here in the first place and has your reason for being here changed
do you care what some of these people say in a negitive manner if so why and how do you conteract what they say by being away rom the forum

OP
P

paihequan

Tshadowchaser:

Thank you for your post and for sharing your views;

To answer the questions you put forward:

1/. Yes
2/. Yes, that's all I have been doing despite the actions of others.
3/. Yes, it is something I strive for as a person.
4/. To develop friendships and further understanding. No
5/. No

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a flaw in your poll setup.

The question: Should I stay or go?

with the answers Y or N are hard to decifer.

If I pick YES, am I saying Yes-Stay or Yes-Go?

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by paihequan
As it is that there are some on MT who are less than friendly when one posts and seeing that polls of this type seem popular then I also opt to open it up for all.

Should I stay on MT and continue to do my best to contribute if and when I can as a person or should I go?

I say stay! If you leave because of others actions than everyone who enjoys talking with you will suffer, not the ones that are less than friendly. If everyone that was offended by someone on this board left because they felt they had better things to do than argue with some jerk than the jerks would be the only ones here and who would really lose out? NOT THEM US !

I beleive you add some positive energy to this board and you should stay.

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would have you stay. Post and enjoy! Remember this place can be like dodge city! Sometimes the gun fights are fair and friendly...other times a person can get shot in the back. However we do have the law here... Fetus? Rustaz or something like that. :D

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There are certain people on this board who feel that everyone owes them the answer to any question they ask and dont unerstand that sometimes there just may be a good reason why there questions are not answered. Ignore them they act like children and it wouldnt matter if you hung the moon and answered all of there questions, if they dont like you or are maybe enviuose of you they will continue to pick you apart.
Keep your head up there are some here who enjoy what you have added to this board.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by DAC..florida
There are certain people on this board who feel that everyone owes them the answer to any question they ask and dont unerstand that sometimes there just may be a good reason why there questions are not answered. Ignore them they act like children and it wouldnt matter if you hung the moon and answered all of there questions, if they dont like you or are maybe enviuose of you they will continue to pick you apart.
Keep your head up there are some here who enjoy what you have added to this board.
Ummm... Questions on rank, your teacher, or your art should be answered or be prepared to face the criticisms.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtist
Ummm... Questions on rank, your teacher, or your art should be answered or be prepared to face the criticisms.

I'm glad you replied you fit the caracter to a tee!

If you have questions or concerns about me or the systems in wich I study, ask away!

As far as my instructor ARK he is his own man and maybe you should aim your questions about him toward him rather than me!

OP
P

paihequan

Thanks guys for your expressions of viewpoint.

MartialArtist:

My e-mail is [email protected] .... Feel free to write me anytime should you have some questions :asian:

Kaith Rustaz: Thank you for the clarification. To answer,

Yes = I should go!

No = I should stay!

Undecided = Undecided

The poll remains active for two days.

I have noticed that it's 60% in my favour and 40% undecided. Not a great margin in my favour although no one has voted for me to go .............. yet! :)

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by DAC..florida

I don't think that's so true.
If you answer honestly then it's OK. If people try to cover up something or make up something then people become more suspicious.

I think most people are suspicious of you and your teacher because of the way you answer.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by paihequan

I can't understand why you write something like this.

Do you want someone to beg you to stay?

I won't.

OP
K

kkbb

These so called "stay or go" polls are getting annoying! Looks like something my 10 yearold daughter and her freinds would do!
:sadsong:

OP
S

Shinzu

although i do not know you quite well i say stay. enjoy your time here. get out of it what you can and discard the rest. there is something we can all learn from each other.

everyone will have their opinion that is what makes this forum what it is.

OP
A

A.R.K.

I think most people are suspicious of you and your teacher because of the way you answer.
Especially since he added this little comment on to the end in a reply to DAC about another poster.....

Not very friendly of you Rick. Not very professional of you Rick. Not very on-topic of you Rick. Funny, I knew Rick would soon find some way of getting this in somewhere :rofl:

So Rick, you now speak for MOST people? How did you get this position and how do you KNOW this to be fact? How about an answer based soely on fact and NOT opinon here....

The ONLY reason you may have a problem is from having your ear bent by non-factual information from an ex-poster. I know your dying to ask the question R R R Rick so please do :D

OP
P

paihequan

Rick Tsubota : Thanks for the expression of your opinion which you are, naturally entitled to. However, I care little for same :) Who is my teacher? :confused: If you have something you'd like to ask me then please do so directly. My e-mail is [email protected] or you can send me a private message. :asian:

OP
A

A.R.K.

paihequan,

Hang around, that way you can benefit for Rick explaining how he knows what MOST people think about different topics. Perhaps some ancient technique?

You should also stick around to see the interesting little snide comments he tacks on to the end of posts in reference to the same people Ryu doens't like. Almost like he's never left the board :rofl:

Interesting direction AGAIN for a newbie to take....

OP
P

paihequan

ARK:

Having Rick here is almost like being trapped in a time warp (deja-vu) For a moment there I felt like it was RyuShiKan posting :D

All jokes aside, Rick is I guess, entitled to his point of view as are we all. It would, however serve him better if he was to express same in a more friendly manner. :asian:

Latest Discussions