• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone:
Please, stop all 'fraud-busting' discussions. Continuation of such discussions will almost certainly result in suspensions or bans from MartialTalk.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
A

A.R.K.

Arnisador,

I would like some direct answers from Rick concerning his snide remarks. However, this is not the thread for it nor is it the proper forum. My apologies to the thread's author. The Bad Budo forum is probably much better suited and Rick, I direct your attention there. It won't be hard to find, the thread will be addressed to you.

OP
A

A.R.K.

That was my first thought as well. But in his first post to me ever he called me a cheat and a liar. I wasn't even talking to him or even knew who he was. Now he drops snide remarks into the tail end of posts about me and the thread isn't even about me. :mad:

I'm satisfied if Bob states he is probably not Robert under a new screen name. But by his own admission he IS Robert's close friend and workout partner. Without EVER talking to me directly he has chosen to flame my repeatedly.

I have opened a new thread in the bad budo section directed to him. If indeed what he says about me is true and he has the proof it should be posted in that section for all to see thereby exposing me. If not then he should be seen as an instigator who has gone after posters whom his buddy and ex-poster didn't like. And remember, I never said word one to him and he still flamed me. That is why I chose the public route in the proper section. If I'm a liar and I cheat people and he has proof then all need to know. If not then they need to know as well.

My apologies for not going this route before responding a couple of times here in others threads. Disrespectful of me and they have my apology.

:asian:

OP
P

paihequan

Arnisador:

My apologies for allowing this thread to slide in the direction it has but I feel that Rick Tsubota has contributed greatly in this area.

As witnessed, I have offered to discuss his concerns/allegations/ assumptions via private message or direct e-mail rather than sully this board but to date no discussion via these methods has been forthcoming. I feel that these methods (Private Message & direct E-Mail) are not "public" and therefore not suitable to Mr. Tsubota's agenda's.

I can understand A.R.K.'s feelings as he was simply entering into this discussion only to be attacked.

Let us hope that the matter is resolved privately so this board may return to it's original intent.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rick Tsubota
I don't think that's so true.
If you answer honestly then it's OK. If people try to cover up something or make up something then people become more suspicious.

I think most people are suspicious of you and your teacher because of the way you answer.

You have never asked me anything, if you have a question ask away!

If you have a question for my instructor then maybe you should ask him, he is his own man. The last time I checked I was not his keeper nor should your opinions of him be directed toward me, I can tell you that everything he says or claims is true but thats for him to defend not me.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by Rick Tsubota
I don't think that's so true.
If you answer honestly then it's OK. If people try to cover up something or make up something then people become more suspicious.

I think most people are suspicious of you and your teacher because of the way you answer.

Look in the bad budo section and you can find what I am talking about here.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by paihequan
All jokes aside, Rick is I guess, entitled to his point of view as are we all. It would, however serve him better if he was to express same in a more friendly manner. :asian:

Paihequan
Thank you for allowing me to say my ideas.
My comment was more general speaking than to one person only.

My idea is if you don't try to hide your answers then people can feel someone is honest and there is no problem but if someone answers in strange way then people think something is wrong.

Do you agree?

OP
P

paihequan

Rick:

Thank you for your reply and expression of your views. I try to be as respectful as I can to all I come into contact with.

Yes I do agree. Honesty is always the best way to go. Perhaps you could however re-think how you ask your questions or express your views. Just a suggestion.

OP
L

lost_tortoise

Good luck to you if you stay.
Good luck to you if you go.
I am pretty sure that if you go, redemption will be even further away than if you stay and take the uphill, slow, but honest path to atonement.

My two cents.

geoffrey

OP
S

Shuri-te

Paihequan,

Hang in their guy.

There are those that truly do not understand the concept of "friendly" and maybe, just maybe, the management will rethink the value of the participation of some of these unfriendly posters.

But I will tell you the truth. The management should not really expect those who want to make a contribution to have to put up with some of the downright unfriendly posting that has been what I would say is becomming a defining characteristic of MT.

But hey, it's just my opinion.

OP
F

fist of fury

Go...and don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out

OP
P

paihequan

Lost tortoise & Shurite:

Many thanks for your posts. :asian:

Fist of fury: Careful now, your intelligence is showing! :rolleyes:

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by Shuri-te
Paihequan,

Hang in their guy.

There are those that truly do not understand the concept of "friendly" and maybe, just maybe, the management will rethink the value of the participation of some of these unfriendly posters.

This is true.
Maybe they can try to understand concept of liar, fake too and rethink the posters that are in that area.

sorry you can't have a perfect world.

OP
P

paihequan

Rick

As stated before, If you have somerhing you want to say to me then please do so via a private message or direct e-mail to [email protected]. I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

However when you make vague posts of the like above well you can't really expect a direct answer.

As stated, I don't disagree with your views or your rights to express same. I do think that you could word things a little better though.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Rick:

Thank you for your reply and expression of your views. I try to be as respectful as I can to all I come into contact with.

Yes I do agree. Honesty is always the best way to go. Perhaps you could however re-think how you ask your questions or express your views. Just a suggestion.

I think you may find that English may not be Rick's first choice when it comes to languages. I could be wrong, but if you check the wording of his posts you may see, as I do that sometimes his grammar and syntax is all up the yin yang - to coin a phrase. I think that some people are just a tad touchy thinking that he is an undercover agent for Robert.
It amazes me me how quickly some of you band together to hang it on the main fraud buster now he is gone.....
Makes you wonder doesn't it?

--Dave

OP
P

paihequan

D. Cobb Wrote:

I think you may find that English may not be Rick's first choice when it comes to languages. I could be wrong, but if you check the wording of his posts you may see, as I do that sometimes his grammar and syntax is all up the yin yang - to coin a phrase. I think that some people are just a tad touchy thinking that he is an undercover agent for Robert.
It amazes me me how quickly some of you band together to hang it on the main fraud buster now he is gone.....
Makes you wonder doesn't it?

With the greatest of respect Mr. Cobb, I am not in support of any one view. Did Robert and I have some issues? --- Yes. Did we communicate privately about these issues --- Yes. Did we hopefully resolve same and move on? --- Yes. In fact, I don't disagree with what Robert did in his questioning, just the manner in which he went about it.

Rick sound's like a reasonable chap, maybe he too just needs to word his questions in a different manner.

Please keep in mind that you and I have entered into communication via e-mail to discuss matters and you will find that I have remained respectful and non-confrontational and have not resorted to name-calling or passing judgement on you or others.

If everyone would just attempt to treat each other with a small degree of mutual respect when discussing matters, this board would be so much more friendlier.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
With the greatest of respect Mr. Cobb, I am not in support of any one view. Did Robert and I have some issues? --- Yes. Did we communicate privately about these issues --- Yes. Did we hopefully resolve same and move on? --- Yes. In fact, I don't disagree with what Robert did in his questioning, just the manner in which he went about it.

Rick sound's like a reasonable chap, maybe he too just needs to word his questions in a different manner.

Please keep in mind that you and I have entered into communication via e-mail to discuss matters and you will find that I have remained respectful and non-confrontational and have not resorted to name-calling or passing judgement on you or others.

If everyone would just attempt to treat each other with a small degree of mutual respect when discussing matters, this board would be so much more friendlier.

You will find, that most times someone attempts to use a language foreign to them in a situation such as this, they will come across as abusive, or abrupt. Some times it is not the wording, so much as the syntax and grammar.

Yes, you and have/ are sorting out our differences, but please understand, Robert is a friend of mine and as such, I will spring to his defense everytime, now that he is no longer here to defend himself.

We all of us talk about respect for each other, but I'm wondering, does the need for respect only apply when we are face to face? So when we leave the room, we know that everyone will be sticking the boots in behind us.

I don't think that's right.

--Dave

OP
P

paihequan

Dave,

With respect, I agree with you.

I would hope that people on this forum are being up-front and honest with their views to the point that same would carry on in private but then such is the nature of human beings.

Let us hope that we can continue with open and honest communication as many issues can be solved in this way

Latest Discussions