Shandong Tang Lang Chuan

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparently, this is another Praying Mantis Kung Fu style. Where does this fall between Wah Lum and 7 Star? Is this a stand alone just like those two?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Tàijí Plum Blossom Praying Mantis Boxing
pinyin: tàijíméihuā tángláng quán

This style is, historically, a combination of two different lineages of Northern Praying Mantis: Tàijí Praying Mantis and Plum Blossom Praying Mantis. Today, the style is the predecessor of what have become three different styles of Northern Praying Mantis: Tàijí Praying Mantis, Plum Blossom Praying Mantis, and Tàijí Plum Blossom Praying Mantis; all three trace their lineage to the 5th/6th Generation disciple of Wang Lang, Liang Xue Xiang, who combined the two styles in the 19th Century.

This is all I got, hope it helps

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparently, this is another Praying Mantis Kung Fu style. Where does this fall between Wah Lum and 7 Star? Is this a stand alone just like those two?
Shandong is a northern province in china and that's where wang lang (found of mantis) is from. there's nothing such as shandong mantis because all northern mantis is shandong mantis. I tried to trace your sifu and it looks like he's related to wah lum, but i did not see anywhere that he is sifu though.

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
After speaking with Sifu, he said that "our style of Mantis is Taiji Plum Flower Mantis, although I've got an awful lot of Wah Lum Mantis under my belt as well."

Now I am clear about what I am studying.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
After speaking with Sifu, he said that "our style of Mantis is Taiji Plum Flower Mantis, although I've got an awful lot of Wah Lum Mantis under my belt as well."

Now I am clear about what I am studying.
hehe that's good! now u'll be the mantis master on this forum!!!

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
hehe that's good! now u'll be the mantis master on this forum!!!

Two weeks in to the curriculum and I am the master already??? Wow, I should of found this style sooner! lol

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Two weeks in to the curriculum and I am the master already??? Wow, I should of found this style sooner! lol
i meant to say by knowing mantis already and learning tai chi mantis you will become better than other in mantis...
but no worries, ur already the master as long as it's an online thing ;)

Latest Discussions