Serial infanticide...not interesting to media...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently the trial of alleged serial baby killer kermit gosnell is...uninteresting...to the democrat media...

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/04/12/washington-post-reporter-explains-her-gosnell-trial-blackout/

It’s a fact that the national media treated the Sandra Fluke-Rush Limbaugh contretemps as if it merited dozens of stories across week after week. It’s a fact that the national media treated Akin’s and Mourdock’s ridiculous rape comments as if they merited dozens of stories across week after week. It’s a fact that the national media have treated horrific local crimes in Aurora, CO, and Newtown, CT, as if they merit massive coverage for months on end.

Hmmm...Rush, Akin...serial baby killer...not a peep...

Patheos asked the Washington Post’s health policy reporter, Sarah Kliff, why she has not devoted a single pixel to covering the Gosnell trial.
Kliff’s answer:
Hi Molly – I cover policy for the Washington Post, not local crime, hence why I wrote about all the policy issues you mention.

The same reporter devoted more than 80 stories to covering Todd Akin (a local politician who said something dumb and not representative of anyone other than himself), Richard Mourdock (a local politician who said something dumb and not representative of anyone other than himself) and the Komen-Planned Parenthood story (which was really about the policy of the Komen Foundation, not national health policy), yet has not written a single story about the state of Pennsylvania’s failure to protect women and Dr. Gosnell’s alleged crimes, and the politics behind the state’s willful neglect, and the national policy implications of unregulated abortion clinics. There is now a second case of alleged horrors at an abortion clinic, in Delaware.
Now that this is a multi-state story, should Congress step in? Why or why not? Are more states failing to protect women from predators in medical garb? Click over to Sarah Kliff to find out nothing at all!

Sarah Kliff’s claim that Gosnell is a mere “local crime” story reveals that she is a liar with a byline.

This is a great picture...the empty press section at the trial...maybe they could invite Todd Akin to come in to trick reporters into making an appearance...

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/12/photo-of-the-day-media-row-at-the-gosnell-trial/

Well, we can’t have that, can we? Patheos’ Mollie Hemingway followed up with Mullane to confirm that the media section was really this empty, and Mullane confirmed:
I was surprised by the picture and asked “really?” He responded “Local press was there, Inky, PhillyMag, NBC10 blogger. Court staff told me nobody else has shown up.”
Amazing:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some more thoughts on the trial that didn't exist...

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...sgraceful-silence-about-the-gosnell-trial.php

Power Line does, however, handle the media beat. Therefore, we should at least note the lack of coverage the Gosnell trial has received. Here, I’ll rely on Kirsten Powers, writing in USA Today:
A Lexis-Nexis search shows none of the news shows on the three major national television networks has mentioned the Gosnell trial in the last three months. The exception is when Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan hijacked a segment on Meet the Press meant to foment outrage over an anti-abortion rights law in some backward red state.
The Washington Post has not published original reporting on this during the trial and The New York Times saw fit to run one original story on A-17 on the trial’s first day. They’ve been silent ever since, despite headline-worthy testimony.
Let me state the obvious. This should be front page news. When Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke, there was non-stop media hysteria. The venerable NBC Nightly News’ Brian Williams intoned, “A firestorm of outrage from women after a crude tirade from Rush Limbaugh,” as he teased a segment on the brouhaha. Yet, accusations of babies having their heads severed — a major human rights story if there ever was one — doesn’t make the cut.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/...rial-killer-in-history-says-nightline-anchor/

Before you ask, searching ABCNews.com’s archives reveals multiple pieces on the Gosnell trial over the past month — all from the Associated Press wire. There’s no original content from ABC News itself unless I missed something. There isoriginal content that mentions Gosnell dated from late January. It’s a story about … threats to late-term abortionists and how they’re not all monsters like that terrible man in Pennsylvania. So yes, they’ll mention him, as long as they can somehow spin what he did in service to The Cause. Of course.
And yes, they know about the case. And they’ll acknowledge it in lower-profile formats:

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
You'd think as much as the mass media love "atrocities" that this would be on the 24/7 loop. Guess they feel the story isn't conducive to their "Pro-Choice" agenda?

Latest Discussions