Self defense - TKD girl avoids kidnapping

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I'm pretty sure Jobo and yourself are primarily English speakers, so therefore, I am pretty sure that all of the dauys pf the week, to both of you in English, end in Y.

To stop, take the time and thought to point out that other people speak other languages sort of makes my point.... Y'all just want to wrangle for wrangling's sake, I think.

Ah but you are far from correct, my first language is Yiddish, followed by Dutch then English with a smattering of Gaelic. You are also assuming that only one or two people read this, look at the membership and you will find posts are read by a lot of people who while they may not comment do read and inwardly digest. Stop being so narrow in your thinking about MT, posts address not just the people on the thread but many others. Going by the current resurrection of threads it also goes on for years and many new readers.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Firstly yes it is second I was talking about you accusing an attack victim of making it up
no it isn't, its a local variations. And seems as there are not as yet internet police who arrest you for making variation of common phrases', one I'm entitled to use AND I said maybe she is making it up. So if she is making it up she is not a victim and I've not accused her of anything

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, I've a holiday home in Whitby, but I'm a manc

Whitby is in Yorkshire, Saltburn is nowhere near so you were somewhat inaccurate as is your surmising about women and girls.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whitby is in Yorkshire, Saltburn is nowhere near so you were somewhat inaccurate as is your surmising about women and girls.
I know where Whitby is, I live there half the year. According to google its 20.3 miles to saltburn.
that counts as close, I can cycle there. In fact I have . Any where I can cycle is by defintion close. I couldn't for instance cycle to Devon , so that's a long way

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know where Whitby is, I live there half the year. According to google its 20.3 miles to saltburn.
that counts as close, I can cycle there. In fact I have . Any where I can cycle is by defintion close. I couldn't for instance cycle to Devon , so that's a long way

Do you want to get back to the subject now? Or are you going to carry on with your obfuscation?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you want to get back to the subject now? Or are you going to carry on with your obfuscation?
it was you that went off course with you" Whitby is nowhere Near saltburn". Now it turn out it is, you don't want to discuss that any more

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was you that went off course with you" Whitby is nowhere Near saltburn". Now it turn out it is, you don't want to discuss that any more

Dear boy you went way off piste when you said many young girls make up allegations....... downhill fast all the way from there. Whitby is in Yorkshire, Saltburn in Cleveland, and it's a fair distance between them in distance and years.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems rather fruitless to argue the facts of this incident when so few facts, one way or the other, have been provided. It would also make it difficult for people to make spurious claims about things they clearly have no knowledge or experience with.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whitby Goth Fest is the best trip ever.. no lie :D you could attend looking like your avatar :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Goth girl's shock at sex assault
Man arrested over assaults on goths

Goths are often attacked because of their looks, one girl was murdered in a mob attack. Murder of Sophie Lancaster - Wikipedia
Yes is such an horrendous thing hard to conceive such an horror happen from such a lovely place.. I just go for the spectacle and music though even there is like factions whereby goths take umbrage at the steampunks etc.. is like mods and rockers out of the 60s or something pffft..

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whitby Goth Fest is the best trip ever.. no lie :D you could attend looking like your avatar :)
at Halloween, I some times go up to the graveyard and sit on a pirates grave and have a glass of wine or two.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The main suspect was released today without charges after a few days of detention and interrogation. I guess they might have arrested the wrong guy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Does anyone have a more complete account of what happened? According to the Montreal Gazette (Quebec City police release material witness in child kidnap attempt), he was released after a few hours. This account is very short on details, and I couldn't find anything further.

I don't know what to say about the other kerfuffle, other than that a kettle can also call a pot black, because they're both... you know... black. It works either way, because no one (I hope) really thinks pots and pans talk to each other when we're not looking. It's usually the other way, but the meaning is clear.

I think it's from Don Quixote, anyway, which (and it's been a few years since I read it) I believe had something to do with a pan calling a pot a "black-****." LOL. Translated to English, though.

Reminds me of a joke: Two muffins are sitting in an oven, baking. One muffin turns to the other and says, "Whew. Is it getting really hot in here?" The other muffin says, "OHMYGOD!!! A TALKING MUFFIN!!!"

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
at Halloween, I some times go up to the graveyard and sit on a pirates grave and have a glass of wine or two.
ok.. long as "sitting on a pirates grave" is not a euphemism for anything then least I am glad you are getting out in the fresh air #thumbsup

Latest Discussions