Self defense - TKD girl avoids kidnapping

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A kidnapping was thwarted in Quebec City because the suspect did not know who he was messing with.

On Sunday afternoon, the victim, a 13-year-old girl, was exiting a cafe on Champlain St. in Quebec City near the Cap Blanc stairway right behind the Plains of Abraham when a man grabbed her by the throat.

The attacker tried to force her out the emergency exit where he had a car waiting.

Little did he know, his victim was in the area training with a group for a black belt in Taekwondo.

In a matter of seconds the young teen fought off her assailant and escaped.

The suspect fled the scene in a car, but was later tracked down and arrested thanks to witness descriptions of both the man and his vehicle.

Source 13-year-old fights off kidnapper in Quebec City

Do you have a personal self defense story to tell?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
morlock

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The main suspect was released today without charges after a few days of detention and interrogation. I guess they might have arrested the wrong guy.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The main suspect was released today without charges after a few days of detention and interrogation. I guess they might have arrested the wrong guy.

You always have to hit or kick your attacker really hard or do something that causes a wound. Even ripping out some hair is helpful. It helps with identification of the attacker.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Shouldn't the kid have been able to identify the guy straight away and not wasted days interviewing the wrong guy

OP
morlock

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
maybe she made the whole thing up?
Doesn't look like it. She was bruised.

Also, why would you suggest something like that? Although it is always a possibility, this is rather dismissive of a young person who, for as much as we know, has been brave and fierce enough to defend her person. Maybe her life.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. She was bruised.

Also, why would you suggest something like that? Although it is always a possibility, this is rather dismissive of a young person who, for as much as we know, has been brave and fenough to defend her person. Maybe her life.
it happens quite a lot that young girls make up attacks/ abductions. The biggest clue is the tone of the two articles the first states the attack as a fact, the second has of phrases like claimed . It's quite clear there o's some doubt about the truth of the allegation

where does it say she was be bruised?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it happens quite a lot that young girls make up attacks/ abductions

What proof do you have of this? This is a serious allegation to make, it actually happens rarely in my experience which actually is quite wide in policing. We have enough girls being abused as it is who aren't believed by the authorities without you making up spurious 'facts.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What proof do you have of this? This is a serious allegation to make, it actually happens rarely in my experience which actually is quite wide in policing. We have enough girls being abused as it is who aren't believed by the authorities without you making up spurious 'facts.
what are you alleging' I have alleged ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had enough of one of the posters in this thread, and his classic blame the victim approach here...enough..... welcome to my permanent ignore list
no one has blamed the victim, rather there is a fair chance she isn't a victim at all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to William CC Chen's daughter in NYC several years ago, but she was older and I don't think kidnapping was on the mind of the guy who attempted to assault her.

He did not realize he just tried to attack a well trained Sanda fighter, but 2 punches to his face later he figured he made a mistake and ran away...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
it happens quite a lot that young girls make up attacks/ abductions. The biggest clue is the tone of the two articles the first states the attack as a fact, the second has of phrases like claimed . It's quite clear there o's some doubt about the truth of the allegation

where does it say she was be bruised?
Bit of a stupid thing to say. There's no reason to believe it's made up.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
there is no actual reason to conclude its true either
Well that's a real garbage opinion to have....that's why people are scared to report attacks because they're scared some fool is going to not believe them. Personally I'd rather be fooled into thinking something's true when it's not than Thinking something's fake when it's true.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any police officer will tell you that victims and witnesses aren't actually the best at identifying attackers. Victims are often confused and upset, being attacked gives you a distorted sense of time and motion. Witnesses are very often mistaken in what they see unless they have been trained in observation. It doesn't surprise me that the wrong person would be identified, for a lot of reason, it also sadly doesn't surprise me that many don't understand the after effects of being attacked even when the victim has seemed calm and collected.
It wouldn't surprise me if the victim genuinely thought she had identified her attacker but was mistaken, not good of course for the person detained but not unreasonable given human reactions.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well that's a real garbage opinion to have....that's why people are scared to report attacks because they're scared some fool is going to not believe them. Personally I'd rather be fooled into thinking something's true when it's not than Thinking something's fake when it's true.
I doubt anyone has failed to report an attack because i might not believe them. At the moment she has made an allegation, the police will try to find out of its false or not. Thats their job.
. There is a possibility that she has made it up. The second news report suggests that is so.

there was a young girl near me claimed she had been abducted on her way to,school, made up. Another one who,claimed she had been dragged into a car and raped, that was made up as well