Self Defence Research Project

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last question on salary what currency is it? Had to say didn't want to answer because it just had 'k' not the currency.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you asking about Self Defense or sports? You use both terminology in your questions.

There is as much validation for sport as self defence as there is self defense for self defense.

Both terminologys apply.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is as much validation for sport as self defence as there is self defense for self defense.

Both terminologys apply.
That's true one way, but not the other (all sport MA could be considered self defense, but not all self defense could be considered sport MA).

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Male, Female, or Other? You do know there are only two choices don't you?

Interestingly the most adamant proponents of the science proven 2 gender thing also believe there is a magical bearded guy in the sky who looks after them.

So who is to say who is crazier.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interestingly the most adamant proponents of the science proven 2 gender thing also believe there is a magical bearded guy in the sky who looks after them.

So who is to say who is crazier.
Not sure I understood that. Enlighten me.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to think they are marketing research for a school/dojo or for some gear company. But I usually respond, anyway.
Most of the ones I’ve seen so far I can believe as being student projects. They tend to be poorly designed in terms of gathering good quality usable data. I would hope that a marketing professional would do a better job.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the ones I’ve seen so far I can believe as being student projects. They tend to be poorly designed in terms of gathering good quality usable data. I would hope that a marketing professional would do a better job.
I've assumed they weren't high-end marketing folks - just people from a small or medium business who were trying to get some intel and for some reason thought they needed to hide who they were. Some of the issues with the data gathering I'd have expected someone in a marketing class to have corrected when they checked their plan with the professor.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes. I wonder if some are simply school programming projects. Maybe they have a vague interest in MA and that is just the subject used for the questionnaire.

Latest Discussions