Martial arts research project

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just looked at the link. The pertinent question is "
Please enter your email address (or another unique identifier):

Please note: This email address is just used as a unique identifier that you can use if you wish to withdraw your data from the study at a later date, so you can use any text that is unique to you if you'd prefer not to give a real email address.
"

After that, it's asking for basic demographic info (age and gender). It's not asking for your name or anything specific. Asking for age by bands would, perhaps, have been better (e.g., 20-30, 31-40...) but I'm not seeing anything inconsistent with typical academic surveys like this. I didn't dig up the university's privacy policies, but I presume they're pretty typical and consistent with solid practices in academia.

People are certainly espousing legitimate concerns about privacy and identity protection on line -- but this isn't even asking for as much info as you gave MT to register.

Lone Wolf

White Belt
Reaction score
just filled it it, hope all goes well, i didn't think it asked for too much personal info, but i agree age ranges could be used instead :) Good luck with the paper!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete,
MA is for doing. It's not for talking. After all MA is no more than just head meets fist/ground.

rjrl.jpg

headhitground.png

OP
R

ResearchProject

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks everyone who's completed it so far! I'm still a little way away from enough respondents to achieve any statistical significance, so if any more of you could complete this it would be greatly appreciated!

Also - if any of you get the chance to pass this on to your students\training partners or martial arts schools I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"You are invited to participate in this study as part of an opportunistic sample of adult martial artists based in the UK"

I stopped here as I do not live in the UK.

Latest Discussions