Krav Maga sparring class

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I know i said I'd be focusing purely on my kenpo from now on but I decided to keep up with Krav Maga as well as I feel it's a good compliment to kenpo and is not as physically tough on the body.

But anyway the instructor is starting a sparring class for it which I was pleased to hear because if you look around online you hear a lot of people whining about Krav Maga guys don't spar so it makes the stake ineffective etc but by the sound of it it sounds like it'll be a good class and it's not open to everyone it's invite only to the people he thinks are ready for it. Here's a copy and paste of the email that was sent. I do like how this place is being run. Out of all my years training this set up is probably the most impressive to me.

START OF EMAIL
Hi there,

As you know we start a new fighting & tactics class on Friday 20th April. It will run direct after the regular class…so 19:30-21:00hrs.

Being a krav student for a particular period of time, I am pleased to welcome you to this class. There are other students who are not ‘ready’ yet i.e. they have not drilled enough basic technique to qualify.

Fight Lab will include sparring, tactics, concepts and techniques which prepare you for physical conflict and which we haven’t covered in the regular class. It won’t be 12* rounds of sparring! It will develop your fighting skills & build more control & aggression into your krav maga. It is necessary to become proficient in the krav maga self defence system.

To be allowed to join the class you will need the following:

• Boxing Gloves – 16oz Men (14oz if you weigh less than 80kg)/ 12oz for Women
  • Open sparring or MMA gloves
  • Leg guards
  • Groin guard
  • Mouth guard

Latest Discussions