Scientists Create 6th Sense With Brain Implant

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
It means that in theory, someone who is blind because of damage to their visual cortex could regain their sight using an implant in another part of the brain.

This is cool. Geordi La Forge reporting for duty!

The study is part of an international effort to build a whole-body suit which allows paralyzed people to walk again using their brain to control the device’s movement.

Infrared sensing could be built into the suit to inform the person inside about where their limbs are and to help them “feel” objects

Even cooler!

Dr. Miguel Nicolelis said the advance, reported in the Nature Communications Journal this week, was just a prelude to a major breakthrough on a “brain-to-brain interface” which will be announced in another paper next month.

Now that’s not cool at all! What if I don’t want you in my brain?

Full Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...e-brain-implant-to-detect-infrared-light.html

Could this be a huge leap toward the “Singularity Event”?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is cool. Geordi La Forge reporting for duty!

Even cooler!

Now that’s not cool at all! What if I don’t want you in my brain?
Oh, so you're the authority on what's cool or not? That's good to know, if anyone ever asks me if its cool for them to do something, or if they're cool, I'll just redirect them to you.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, let's see if we can stay on topic and keep the snarky comments to a minimum. Thanks.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
aye, I shall contribute.

brain function is rather interesting, seeing how some parts of the brain can be replaced by others and certain actions can develop new responses in the brain, networking of braincells....

It will be interesting to see when they will reach the breakthrough.

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh, the 6th sdense... how about common sense..

Good point.

Throughout history Scientists and inventors have seen their creations used for things they never imagined. Even though they had the best intentions and perhaps wanted to better mankind, others have taken their work and used it for destructive purposes.

Latest Discussions