Schools ban children from making best friends

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4203460/Schools-ban-children-making-best-friends.html

Instead, the primary pupils are being encouraged to play in large groups.

Educational psychologist Gaynor Sbuttoni said the policy has been used at schools in Kingston, South West London, and Surrey.

She added: "I have noticed that teachers tell children they shouldn't have a best friend and that everyone should play together.

"They are doing it because they want to save the child the pain of splitting up from their best friend. But it is natural for some children to want a best friend. If they break up, they have to feel the pain because they're learning to deal with it."

Please be fake or exaggerated.

Or we are truly living in the Twilight Zone...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can well believe it in the PC, double-think, world that has encapsulated Britain over the past twenty years. The pressures caused by such stupidity are building and the wheels will come of at some point if common sense does not return soon.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can anyone else hear Orwell rolling in his grave?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Refrains from comment on the stupidity of it all. I honestly expected this to be something to do with some GOP senator.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can anyone else hear Orwell rolling in his grave?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I think the goal here is to wrap him in copper wire and power the BBC from him. We're doing similar in the US with Jefferson I hear. ;)

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hear that's how they run all of the survailance equipment.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do remember however this is from The sun, one of Murdoch's papers which is heavily implicated in so many kinds of illegal activities it's keeping the police they didn't pay in a full time job. This red top rag is known for 'reporting' things they have twisted and spin doctored so much it bears little resemblance to the truth. this is the newspaper that had as it's headline @Freddie Starr ate my hamster', a quite surreal and untrue story abiut a comedian who supposedly ate a hamster. Another which they had to apologise for was a headline and story saying Al Queda was targetting one of our television soaps. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2010/dec/29/sun-coronation-street. the Sun is hated in Liverpool few buy it there after the paper blamed the fans for a football disaster where many were killed. In fact a lot of it's stories are just rubbish so take anything you read from there with a very large pinch of salt.
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/tag/dont-buy-the-sun/

Latest Discussions