School Ratings

M

muayThaiPerson

I want to start a thread on rating schools. Please post ratings about training centers you have been to. Admin's, can you make this post sticky please?

1 - 10 Best

School Name: Muay Thai Kickboxing Gym
City: Van Nuys
State/Province: California
Rating: 8

This training facility is nice and clean. They have a good method of training and the people are nice. The instructor is an excellent trainer

OP
S

Shinzu

ok ive been to a few during my years

1.) american karate (police boys club) new york - 6. the place was small but the instructors were good. a bit non traditional in shotokan, but good

2.) black belt academy, new york - 5. good instruction, but lacked in learning different techniques.

3.) miyazaki dojo, new york - 9. excellent all around. very traditional. instruction was top notch along with dojo.

4.) kim's karate, pennsylvania - 5. good school, but techniques vary according to grandmasters direction. more about the money it seems.

5.) tang soo karate schools -9. excellent instruction. big dojang. top notch knowledge, tradition and dedication.

this is just my opinion and my feelings. i am not being bias in any way.

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
Broadway Family Karate
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
ITF Tae Kwon Do / AAU member school

Great place for the whole family to train. Mr. Booker is a very competent instructor. It is a very clean environment. Solid program, and solid technique. My only complaint is that there is not enough emphasis placed on self-defense training, and much of what is taught as self-defense is not very practical (of course I have a Kenpo bias too!). But, good school overall.

JB

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by muayThaiPerson
Admin's, can you make this post sticky please?

This issue has come up before. Feel free to post informed opinions on instructors and schools, but we are reluctant to make it sticky.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best way to keep it at the top is to keep it active.
Also please note we are working on something that will let you 'review' schools, similar to what Amazon has for books and videos. I hope to have that out by mid spring...but no promises.

:asian:

Latest Discussions