Sarah Palin for President?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
please, don't make me blow my breakfast all over the keyboard. Sarah Palin is definitely NOT hot.

Don't MAKE me negative rep you! :angry:

:D ;)

Ok, she's not as hot as my GF for example ... :angel:

but you have to add in the POWER factor! POWER is SEXZY!! *and* that whole "librarian with the glasses and you just KNOW she's a vixen when the glasses come off and hair come down" thing that has been mentioned.

Someone mentioned she kinda resembles Tony Soprano's shrink :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't MAKE me negative rep you! :angry:

:D ;)

Ok, she's not as hot as my GF for example ... :angel:

but you have to add in the POWER factor! POWER is SEXZY!! *and* that whole "librarian with the glasses and you just KNOW she's a vixen when the glasses come off and hair come down" thing that has been mentioned.

Someone mentioned she kinda resembles Tony Soprano's shrink :)

ah, well, she's hotter than McCain...
icon10.gif

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Her fundamentalism bothers me. She believes creationism ought to be taught in schools...

so do I.
so do lots of people, BUT, and this is the important part, she has made NO MOVE WHATSOEVER to change law based on her beliefs.

Surely we can all respect that

Palin, Oct. 2006: I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum.
After her election, Palin let the matter drop. The Associated Press reported Sept 3: "Palin's children attend public schools and Palin has made no push to have creationism taught in them. ... It reflects a hands-off attitude toward mixing government and religion by most Alaskans." The article was headlined, "Palin has not pushed creation science as governor." It was written by Dan Joling, who reports from Anchorage and has covered Alaska for 30 years.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
so do I.
so do lots of people, BUT, and this is the important part, she has made NO MOVE WHATSOEVER to change law based on her beliefs.

Surely we can all respect that

Palin, Oct. 2006: I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum.
After her election, Palin let the matter drop. The Associated Press reported Sept 3: "Palin's children attend public schools and Palin has made no push to have creationism taught in them. ... It reflects a hands-off attitude toward mixing government and religion by most Alaskans." The article was headlined, "Palin has not pushed creation science as governor." It was written by Dan Joling, who reports from Anchorage and has covered Alaska for 30 years.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html
Okay, but remember now ... the government isn't on the back of one woman ... nor one man. One person in a party which seeks to have creationism taught in public schools. She can't stop the party, the congress, the president. So the only reason your arguement applies is that she *could* be president in which case we would hope she would veto out of deference to the state and local governments and protect the seperation of church and state rather than bow to the leanings of the party.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you missed my point.

What i am saying is that i have to respect anyone that doesnt try to change the law (even though they are in a position to) to match thier personal beliefs.

wether you respect the believe or not, you have to give credit where it is due, and in this case it is.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its funny how we "respect others beliefs" (lib speak) unless it has to do with the beliefs of a political party we dont like. So its better if a candidate keeps their beliefs to themselves for the sake of not offending anybody? And isnt it a leap from "she believes in creationsim and thinks it should be allowed in schools" (isnt openess to alternate beliefs in school a lib mantra anyway) to she is going to supplant science in our educational system?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and the really funny thing, the libs dont seem to get that all these attacks? they are just making Palin MORE likable. And MORE popular.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
please, don't make me blow my breakfast all over the keyboard. Sarah Palin is definitely NOT hot.
Take Hillary, Mrs. Obama, Mrs McCain and Mrs. Palin; run them around the ring a few times and see who takes first in show.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think shes attractive. Not that that should really matter....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One person in a party which seeks to have creationism taught in public schools. She can't stop the party, the congress, the president. So the only reason your arguement applies is that she *could* be president in which case we would hope she would veto out of deference to the state and local governments and protect the seperation of church and state rather than bow to the leanings of the party.

Probably the biggest concern here is that she'd appoint judges whose judicial philosophies and basic outlook largely matched hers. (This is only human and hardly a specific criticism of her.) Those are the people whose decisions would have an impact.

The president himself/herself is indeed limited in powers and could not do many of the things the candidates claim they will do without the legislature doing the heavy lifting.

Oh, and I will vote for her being relatively hot. Until they run Christie Brinkley on a ticket, she's leading in that category. Hmmm, a Paul/Brinkley ticket...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its funny how we "respect others beliefs" (lib speak) unless it has to do with the beliefs of a political party we dont like. So its better if a candidate keeps their beliefs to themselves for the sake of not offending anybody? And isnt it a leap from "she believes in creationsim and thinks it should be allowed in schools" (isnt openess to alternate beliefs in school a lib mantra anyway)

The belief that creationism is a science and should be taught in science classes isn't something about which reasonable people can disagree. So no, liberals would not be open to that idea (liberals are open to new ideas, not new beliefs).

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
But thats not really the case here. What she said was is that she believes that opposing viewpoints should be allowed to be discussed in schools..otherwise you have a totalitarian "thought police" education system. Its being twisted to suit Dem political needs.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dems freaking out every time a Rep talks about religion is as silly as Reps freaking out everytime a Dem talks about Homosexuality.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dems freaking out every time a Rep talks about religion is as silly as Reps freaking out everytime a Dem talks about Homosexuality.

Uh ... hm. No, it's really not but ... that's another thread.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But thats not really the case here. What she said was is that she believes that opposing viewpoints should be allowed to be discussed in schools..otherwise you have a totalitarian "thought police" education system. Its being twisted to suit Dem political needs.

I don't think it's being twisted. She came out strongly in favor of "teach the controversy" and backed off when pushed about it.

No one needs to come out in favor of kids being able to ask questions in school. It's like saying "I'm for clean water and less crime." She was backing off of her previous position.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
What difference what Sarah Palin looks like? I really don't see such "analysis" applied to male candidates. Unless one of the Vice President's duties has now become doing federal lingerie photo shoots, what's the difference?

Were one to remark upon the singular unattractiveness of Hillary Clinton, most notably to her own husband, there would be a cacophony of shrieks of outrage..... somehow, though, what's being done to Sarah Palin is justifiable. Right. Sure.

Lost in all this are what we really should wonder about her..... what will she do about Iran? Iraq? Jobs? Taxes? Immigration?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lost in all this are what we really should wonder about her..... what will she do about Iran? Iraq? Jobs? Taxes? Immigration?

considering what she has done in he rprevevious leadershiop posistions, I am not worried.

i trust mothers for the most part

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score

From your own source....yes.

Nor has Palin made social issues the cornerstone of her governorship. When a parental consent law was struck down by Alaska's highest court in 2007, Palin called the decision "outrageous" but refused calls from conservatives to remedy the defeat by introducing antiabortion legislation in a session that was supposed to be about drilling rights.

Wearing her faith quietly fits more with Palin's personality, says St. George. "In all the years I've known Sarah and her parents, we never talked about right-to-life or any of that," he says. "She doesn't let those issues get in the way of getting things done for the community."

Latest Discussions