MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work for me .... el nin@, la nin@... nope doesn't work :idunno:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard talk of this on the radio this morning. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm really disgusted with the whole PC thing. People have got to lighten up already! I know if I was visiting Santa at the mall and he said, "ho, ho, ho" I sure the hell wouldn't think he was calling me a whore! lol

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They already are trying to become gender-neutral. Online, it is very common to see the at-symbol used as a way of meaning both -o and -a.

example:
Amig@s instead of Amigas y Amigos or just Amigos.

I read an article many years ago in a college class that was advocating getting rid of the word "Man" or "men" in association with certain jobs

Policeman, Firemen, Mailman, etc.

The use of person was not good enough they wanted a gender neutral term (apparently the felt person was not gender neutral enough) they wanted to use "gen"
Policegen, firegen, mailgen.

My only comment was that the word mail can be misunderstood by the illiterate there for mailman should be gengen. The teacher did not appreciate it at all.

Maybe Santa could say Gen gen gen instead of ho ho ho

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I read an article many years ago in a college class that was advocating getting rid of the word "Man" or "men" in association with certain jobs

Policeman, Firemen, Mailman, etc.

The use of person was not good enough they wanted a gender neutral term (apparently the felt person was not gender neutral enough) they wanted to use "gen"
Policegen, firegen, mailgen.

My only comment was that the word mail can be misunderstood by the illiterate there for mailman should be gengen. The teacher did not appreciate it at all.

Maybe Santa could say Gen gen gen instead of ho ho ho

Oh, I forgot about that part. The paper that got handed out wanted us to refer to them as "persons".

Firepersons, policepersons, personpeople. (The occupation previously known as "mailmen".)

But! if it was a neutral title, that was generally held by men, like "doctors", we had to designate "female doctor," or the opposite: "male nurse," or "male receptionist," so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine who was working in a NATO kindergarten ( for the kids of service personnel not for NATO servicepeople lol though....) horrified the American staff when she, in front of the children no less, called the thing you use to rub out pencils marks with,....a rubber! She was hauled up in front of the boss and made to repeat it's an eraser, it's an eraser. Yeah she said "a rubber".

This actually annoys me a bit. The damn thing is a rubber because its made from rubber. I've never actually heard of an eraser tree. Where the hell do people think the term to rub someone out came from? Not from the bloody word eraser that's for sure. If you follow this staggeringly prudish line of reasoning then you would be able to refer to France at all (though some might say that's a good thing :)).

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This actually annoys me a bit. The damn thing is a rubber because its made from rubber. I've never actually heard of an eraser tree. Where the hell do people think the term to rub someone out came from? Not from the bloody word eraser that's for sure. If you follow this staggeringly prudish line of reasoning then you would be able to refer to France at all (though some might say that's a good thing :)).

Okay, you've lost me. What does France have to do with rubber?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
L@s Nin@s. yeah, that'll work. Of course, If I waited a couple of years, it would take me half as long to learn my Spanish verbs!
I though that in Spanish when talking about a group made up of both genders, then the male form of the word was used. Like "they" ellos for males and mixed groups, ellas for females (spelling is probably off)?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I though that in Spanish when talking about a group made up of both genders, then the male form of the word was used. Like "they" ellos for males and mixed groups, ellas for females (spelling is probably off)?

Need to read back a few posts ;)

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Couldn't they ring Santa with Hostess HoHo's and claim he was simply contractually bound to mention the product name at regular intervals?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Couldn't they ring Santa with Hostess HoHo's and claim he was simply contractually bound to mention the product name at regular intervals?

Perhaps, but then he'd have to say Ho-Ho and must not, under any circumstances, proceed to the third and final Ho.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Perhaps, but then he'd have to say Ho-Ho and must, under no circumstances, proceed to the third and final Ho.

First thou dress as Santa. Then thou must say ho ho. Two shall be the number of the Ho and the number of the Ho shall be two. Three shalt thou not Ho, neither shalt thou Ho once, excepting that thou then proceedeth to the second Ho. Four is right out. Once the number Two, being the number of the Ho, be reached, then thou Sayeth Merry Christmas

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perhaps, but then he'd have to say Ho-Ho and must not, under any circumstances, proceed to the third and final Ho.

But, Santa must be careful not to be holding his Ding Dong while saying Ho-Ho.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...without proceeding to 4... :lol:

EDIT: Ah, Xue Sheng beat me to it...

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard talk of this on the radio this morning. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm really disgusted with the whole PC thing. People have got to lighten up already! I know if I was visiting Santa at the mall and he said, "ho, ho, ho" I sure the hell wouldn't think he was calling me a whore! lol
OBITUARY OF THE LATE MR. COMMON SENSE

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has
been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since
his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be
remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
Why the early bird gets the worm;
Life isn't always fair;
and Maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies:
(don't spend more than you can earn)
and reliable strategies:
(adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year- old boy
charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended
from school for using mouthwash after lunch; a 10 yr old boy expelled from school for bringing a 1 1/2 inch plastic gun from his GI Joe doll;and a teacher fired for
reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job
that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly
children. It declined even further when schools were required to get
parental consent to administer Tylenol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a
student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and
wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became
contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better
treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her
lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded
in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his
daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To
Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonderd when some jerkweed would come up with something this stupid..Falls right in line with those that refuse to say Merry Christmas..
Off topic a little....Lowe's is no longer selling Christmas tree's they're calling them Happy Tree's....FR(ediculous)..OOPS can't say FR anymore may offend someone.

Latest Discussions