Sanda the new pathetic version

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK I am feeling a little better now it appears this is not set in stone nor is it mainland, per say, these rules come form the Hong Kong International Kung Fu Assoc and are not from the International Wushu Federation.

OK things are not as bad as they seem...yet.

But I am now wondering why the Hong Kong International Kung Fu Association did this.

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
My guess would be to differentiate themselves from that mainland's sanda organization. The rules also seem to favor rapid chest chest punches which would be more in line with southern chinese martial art no?

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK I am feeling a little better now it appears this is not set in stone nor is it mainland, per say, these rules come form the Hong Kong International Kung Fu Assoc and are not from the International Wushu Federation.

OK things are not as bad as they seem...yet.

But I am now wondering why the Hong Kong International Kung Fu Association did this.

Well its good to hear.

I'm with you though. Why neuter it like this?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My guess would be to differentiate themselves from that mainland's sanda organization. The rules also seem to favor rapid chest chest punches which would be more in line with southern chinese martial art no?

My minor experience Wing Chun (which is only as far a Sil Lum Tao) says yes but the crane styles do no focus on the chest as for the rest (and I imagine also Wing Chun) they do not limit themselves to Chest strikes.

I am still wondering why any Chinese Kung Fu association would do this.

I'm with you though. Why neuter it like this?

Me too