Run away from no-mask people

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not very familiar with the UK. Can you explain how an act that appears to be about protecting how your personal information is stored electronically relates to wearing a mask to help mitigate the spread of a virus during a pandemic? I'm not seeing a connection.
he cant, but i will, the data protection requirements are not about how its stored so much as who has access to it

anyone who decides to collect your ( medical) data so you dont have to wear a mask, would have to jump through considerable hoops in order to meet the requirements to protect that data, its not just protecting its its being able to prove your protecting it with infrastructure and thats massively expensive

far more cost and trouble than even a medium to large sized business could be expected to invest in order to get three pounds off you for a coffee

costa coffee refused to take my name and address, as they wernt able to protect the data

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yesterday when I ran, I met a guy who had face mask on. He said, "We are all good citizen." His comment made me to feel very good.

It has been a month since we discuss face mask last time. Do we agree that face mask is more and more important today than a month ago?

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yesterday when I ran, I met a guy who had face mask on. He said, "We are all good citizen." His comment made me to feel very good.

It has been a month since we discuss face mask last time. Do we agree that face mask is more and more important today than a month ago?
From what you said in the past, it seems like you are coming across more people with with masks.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From what you said in the past, it seems like you are coming across more people with with masks.
If 70% of the US population can have face mask on, the US virus can be under controlled.

Can you believe that my wife gave a a birthday gift, a Airinum x MoMA Reflective Urban Air Mask that cost $145 on Ebay.

One day my wife saw a movie star online who had a face mask on. She used magnifying glass to find the bland name of that face mask. She then ordered it on Ebay for me.

Limited Edition - Airinum x MoMA Reflective Urban Air Mask Sz Large | eBay

Leviathan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No: The virus will spread anyway. Masks may slow it down a bit but not more than that. We've been wearing a mask for months already and the virus has kept spreading.

What matters is a good immune system.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Nope. Look around you nationally. There is no agreement. Don't pretend there is.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If 70% of the US population can have face mask on, the US virus can be under controlled.

Can you believe that my wife gave a a birthday gift, a Airinum x MoMA Reflective Urban Air Mask that cost $145 on Ebay.

One day my wife saw a movie star online who had a face mask on. She used magnifying glass to find the bland name of that face mask. She then ordered it on Ebay for me.

Limited Edition - Airinum x MoMA Reflective Urban Air Mask Sz Large | eBay
thats got an exhaust valve right on the front, im not sure how that stops covid from spreading, not such a good citizen ?

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
More important, now? Nope, just as important as it ever was...... at making people FEEL safe.

Bottome line - when a virus can be transmitted, during the incubation period, and you are facing exponential spreading, there are really two option: (1) move out into the woods and avoid ever seeing another human (2) get exposed.

Herd immunity is the only real defense. But hey, I got no problem with folks wearing masks, rock on! They look so stylishly compliant.

Edit - if we were all "good citizens", we'd still be British colonies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
More important, now? Nope, just as important as it ever was...... at making people FEEL safe.

Bottome line - when a virus can be transmitted, during the incubation period, and you are facing exponential spreading, there are really two option: (1) move out into the woods and avoid ever seeing another human (2) get exposed.

Herd immunity is the only real defense. But hey, I got no problem with folks wearing masks, rock on! They look so stylishly compliant.

Edit - if we were all "good citizens", we'd still be British colonies.
Do you think what happened in the 18th century causing the US (or any other British colony at their time) to revolt is equivalent of mask wearing?

Also do you think obeying recommendations that a government of officials you put in power, and being "compliant" and "good citizens" in regards to listening to the people you choose to govern you is inherently a bad thing? Because that's what it sounds like, so it makes me wonder if you follow other laws/recommendations that they set.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Herd immunity is the only real defense.
Sweden tried this theory already and it failed. They have even said as much.

Herd immunity only works in the context of using a vaccine.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

well its working better than the states, the uk, germany, france and a hpst of ither places, sweeden is only 31st on the deaths per million list.

so its better

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

This is such a simple and clear point. It’s astounding so many folks don’t get it.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do you think what happened in the 18th century causing the US (or any other British colony at their time) to revolt is equivalent of mask wearing?

Also do you think obeying recommendations that a government of officials you put in power, and being "compliant" and "good citizens" in regards to listening to the people you choose to govern you is inherently a bad thing? Because that's what it sounds like, so it makes me wonder if you follow other laws/recommendations that they set.

(1) Equivalent? No. Comparable? Absolutely.

(2) Inherently a bad thing? When done out of fear and blind faith, Absolutely!

As for what I follow or do not - I do not recognize a gvt as having any "authority" over how i care for my own safety. If I am not ACTIVELY interfering with someone else (no, breathing doesn't count). Then I consider laws pertaining to my activity illegitimate. I use the word "laws" loosely as there have been very few (if any) mask "laws" simply E.O.'s and "mandates" which is an even bigger abuse of "authority" as only the legislative branch has the power to create "law".

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is such a simple and clear point. It’s astounding so many folks don’t get it.
Yep. I'm always amazed. All people have to do is read the news from a reliable source or in this case actually listen to what the health officials are saying in Sweden.
Here are just some of recent headlines
Sweden sees no sign of COVID-19 immunity in population exposure, says country’s top epidemiologist source: https://fortune.com/2020/11/25/sweden-herd-immunity-antibodies-lockdown/

Suddenly, Swedes are ‘very worried’ that the ‘herd immunity’ strategy is no match for COVID
Suddenly, Swedes are 'very worried' that the 'herd immunity' strategy is no match for COVID

Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus

Here's my favorite Headline. I don't see where the confusion is :Sweden has admitted its coronavirus immunity predictions were wrong as cases soar across the country
Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus

Here's another one

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. I'm always amazed. All people have to do is read the news from a reliable source or in this case actually listen to what the health officials are saying in Sweden.
Here are just some of recent headlines
Sweden sees no sign of COVID-19 immunity in population exposure, says country’s top epidemiologist source: https://fortune.com/2020/11/25/sweden-herd-immunity-antibodies-lockdown/

Suddenly, Swedes are ‘very worried’ that the ‘herd immunity’ strategy is no match for COVID
Suddenly, Swedes are 'very worried' that the 'herd immunity' strategy is no match for COVID

Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus

Here's my favorite Headline. I don't see where the confusion is :Sweden has admitted its coronavirus immunity predictions were wrong as cases soar across the country
Sweden Sees No Signs So Far Herd Immunity Is Stopping Virus

Here's another one
but they are still tons better than america, britain france germany etc.
so wrobg or not, they are still doibg better than a lit of countries in preventibg deaths

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
2017 there were 79,000 deaths from Flu, in the U.S.

2019 there were 22,000 deaths from Flu, in the U.S.

Look it up.

Pretty amazing how we just beat Flu eh? I mean that is apx a 70% reduction. Amazing. Wonder how we did that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
2017 there were 79,000 deaths from Flu, in the U.S.

2019 there were 22,000 deaths from Flu, in the U.S.

Look it up.

Pretty amazing how we just beat Flu eh? I mean that is apx a 70% reduction. Amazing. Wonder how we did that.
Yeah it's amazing that the things that help prevent covid-19 also help prevent the spread of influenza. Turns out, washing your hands frequently, social distancing, wearing a mask and not going out when you're sick are pretty effective strategies with the flu.

Or are you talking about just the normal fluctuations that occur year to year depending upon how virulent the strain of flu is, and how effective the shot is? Honestly, your point is a little silly either way, but I'm not sure which brand of crazy you're endorsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions