Rules of etiquette in the school

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seabrook said:
Hey Pete,

I just prefer "Mr. Seabrook" or "Jamie", and see nothing wrong with any titles if that is what others prefer.

Are you planning on going to the East Coast LTKKA camp Sept. 30-Oct 2nd?

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com
hi jamie, we're planning and plotting to see how 2 Landini's can go... but it may just be me. it will be great to work with you and so many others we met in vegas again. pete.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Samantha said:
true, but a teacher can only show you the way, they can't hold you by the hand. It's your decision as a student whether to plan accordingly. You only hurt yourself by being late to class, and if that isnt important to you, well, it isnt important to you. Nothing they can do about it and it isnt their responsibility.

As people get older, they need to begin to develop responsibility with the things that they do. Being on time for a class IMO is not showing very much responsibility. As its been said, sometimes things such as accidents, traffic jams, bad weather, etc. can lead to delays.

Now, on a different note: If the attitude is "Oh well, if I'm late, I'm late", whats going to happen when that person gets out in the real world with a job? Chances are, if they're late on a regular basis, they just might find themselves without a job.

Mike

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
As people get older, they need to begin to develop responsibility with the things that they do. Being on time for a class IMO is not showing very much responsibility. As its been said, sometimes things such as accidents, traffic jams, bad weather, etc. can lead to delays.

Now, on a different note: If the attitude is "Oh well, if I'm late, I'm late", whats going to happen when that person gets out in the real world with a job? Chances are, if they're late on a regular basis, they just might find themselves without a job.

Mike
Personally it's usually work that makes me late. Regular predictable hours would be nice.

Jeff

L

Lotus Flower

I don't believe you command respect, you earn it. Through your dilligent actions and words. More through what you do than what you say. You can have it laid back but still keep the proper atmosphere that fosters a martial arts enviornment.

I don't believe that it has to be like Marine training, heck if they want that, point them to the local Military Center.

As for MAKING them do push ups as punishment. eriously rethink this people. You're training them to hate push ups and aren't push ups and other exercises good for us? Why instill negitive reinforcement? Award push ups for good work. While your at it, drop and do them with them. Don't get to be like every other CEO out there and boss them around and you don't walk the walk.

Never ask them to do something that you can't or wouldn't do. When it's all said and done. You've still got to look them in the eyes at the end of the class. Cut them down, and you'll have an empty room soon enough.

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lotus Flower said:
I don't believe you command respect, you earn it. Through your dilligent actions and words. More through what you do than what you say. You can have it laid back but still keep the proper atmosphere that fosters a martial arts enviornment.

I don't believe that it has to be like Marine training, heck if they want that, point them to the local Military Center.

As for MAKING them do push ups as punishment. eriously rethink this people. You're training them to hate push ups and aren't push ups and other exercises good for us? Why instill negitive reinforcement? Award push ups for good work. While your at it, drop and do them with them. Don't get to be like every other CEO out there and boss them around and you don't walk the walk.

Never ask them to do something that you can't or wouldn't do. When it's all said and done. You've still got to look them in the eyes at the end of the class. Cut them down, and you'll have an empty room soon enough.
While I thought it, you wrote it, could not agree more.....mmmhhh! A few basic Truths ha!

Cheers
Hammer