Remenber this guy???

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Manny... good to hear from you. Glad you're safe down there and still posting!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Diamond Dave and his high flying kicks. Good stuff.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They're making a new album. This is great, because even though I like Sammy Hagar better as a solo act, Van Halen is much better with David Lee Roth.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something I want to say. The fisrth era of Van halen with dave was fantastic, when dave left Van halen I was in shock however Sammy came and I can tell you this era was very good indeed too, I think both singers are a good part of Van Halen, Sammy and Dave are not alike but they gave Van halen good hits.

Manny

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I felt that the material on 5150 was far more ambitious than any of VanHalen's previous material. The follow up albums did not reach quite as high, but were much more sophisticated than the Roth era.

Mind you, ambitious and sophisticated do not mean better. Each era had its own appeal. Still, it would have been very interesting if Eddie had managed to get the singer he really wanted instead of Sammy. Eddie had wanted Patty Smythe to replace Roth originally.

Great to hear from you Manny! Happy New Year to you!! I hope that 2012 brings nothing but great things to you!!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Van Hagar never compared for me to the DLR era Van Halen, even though i loved some of the songs they did with Sammy.

Latest Discussions