once upon a time

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The following is a videclip I just saw in youtube, this clip draw tears from me, yes I'ma an emotional man, the music is beautiful and the meaning of the clip is huge, we must not to forget how it was and we must to defend the ancient martial art of the Tae Kwon Do. My roots are jidokwan so you must comprehend what I felt wen I saw my patch.

With all respect to you.

Manny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lJYTbwFKY&feature=related

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An excellent tribute, Manny! Thanks for finding it & sharing it with us. I can understand you getting emotional watching it. :asian:

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice find. Thank you for sharing. I saw Grandmaster Kim Soo in there alot.

Historical FYI:

The Changmoo-kwan patch in there is modern patch (created around 1995-1998) when Lee Nam-sok started teaching again in America. He and his student created it. Lee Nam-sok (Changmoo-kwan)was a big fan of the American Marlboro cigarettes. Take a few minutes and compare side-by-side the modern Changmoo-kwan patch (in the video) with the Marlboro logo (coat of arms). Good for a chuckle.

Originally, Changmoo-kwan students wore a metal lapel pin that was a Korean flower (Hwasong) with a fist in the center. They didn't wear on their dobok, but on their clothing to identify members. Uniforms were patch-free, maybe the owner's name written on the left sleeve was all. Later, they used a patch that was vaguely similar to the modern patch.

R. McLain

Latest Discussions