Remember when

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have some nice memories, but honestly, I prefer the present.

I work out in my house with a group of close friends.... to include my best friend a/k/a my wife. We consider ourselves fortunate that we have the space and the friends.

The dojo experience I still get when I take my daughters to their Goju Ryu lessons. Memories are well worth keeping, but I'm building the future with my girls...... and enjoying the present in my own home.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
There is still a difference between being part of the class, and teaching the class. There are rewards and responsiblities that come when you teach.

Your instructor is responsible for watching everyone, correcting everyone and keeping everyone safe, and that takes away from his time to train for himself. On the other hand, you learn so much from your students, and there is nothing like the feeling you get when you see your student's "get it".

The student that practice with Sensei (everyone in turn) gets corrcted by him while doing the technique. Then he usually have the student sit down after a while and spend few minutes checking the others. But when you don't practice with Sensei you usually listen to the correction he gives the other student and "sponge" them in.

Hee hee, by he gets only frustration, not here yet the day he will get the good feeling from me learning hahahahahaha (J/K....kinda).

Latest Discussions