Reclaiming the Blade

Addison de Lisle

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post on these forums; and I look forward to learning much here. If this post is deemed as unwanted advertising or in an inappropriate subforum to put this in by the admins, I apologize. I just thought that some people here might be interested in a movie that is coming out in a few months called "Reclaiming the Blade".

“Reclaiming the Blade” is a 90-minute documentary about Western and Eastern swords and swordsmanship, as well as the history behind the modern interpretation thereof. It is an attempt to dispel many of the common misrepresentations and myths about the medieval sword, using insights from experts such as John Clements of ARMA and Hank Reinhardt of Museum Replicas (recently deceased :(), and actors involved in sword related movies such as Viggo Mortensen (“Alatriste” and “Lord of the Rings”). In addition, the swords for this movie are provided by Albion Swords of Wisconsin. I am really excited for this movie to come out; I feel that it is the first film attempting to educate the general public about swords without the common myths about swords. Signing up for email updates about the film automatically enters you into a contest to win an Albion sword.
In addition, the film is attempting to reinforce the existing community by providing an application called “Fight Finder”, which is essentially a database of martial arts groups that have submitted their information and helps the user find a group close to them. Registering your group in the Fight Club Finder automatically enters the group into a contest for a great selection of training gear. To check this out, either click here

Also, by becoming a Friend of Reclaiming the Blade, by posting an RTB banner on your website, you can be listed in the credits for the film. You will also get a banner for your site posted on the RTB site. If any of you choose to do this, if you could mention my name as a reference in the comment box, I would greatly appreciate it. ;)
The film is to be released in the summer of 2008. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the film, feel free to ask me.

For more information, click on the banner below or visit www.reclaimingtheblade.com

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That does indeed sound very interesting. I for one look forward to seeing it :tup:.

OP
Addison de Lisle

Addison de Lisle

White Belt
Reaction score
As an update, the credits are being finalized soon, so the deadline for joining Friends of Reclaiming the Blade is the end of December. The sooner you join the better, just in case the credits are finalized before then for some reason.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

OP
Addison de Lisle

Addison de Lisle

White Belt
Reaction score
A bit of new info, just in time for the holidays! It sure doesn't feel like Christmas is in a week... :eek:

RTB has announced the sponsors for the equipment giveaway through the Fight Club Finder:

-New Stirling Arms
-With Intent Wasters
-Ardenwood Forge

with supplemental materials from

-Christian Tobler
-WMA Illustrated
-David Rawlings
-and assorted RTB Gear

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday! :)

OP
Addison de Lisle

Addison de Lisle

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a while since our last update - we have been busy pushing to get the giveaways started. Our goal this month is to give out the Fight Club Finder Ultimate Training Package! I will post more details as they arise.

Latest Discussions