Realistic knife defence demonstrations against 100% resistance. Combat sports based.

Israeliknifedefense

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey. I'm from Israel and we have been suffering from a lot of knife terror attacks lately.
I thought about the subject deeply and watched and tried almost every technique video with more than 1000 views and in almost all of the languages. then I combined my former knowledge (Former Israeli national judo youth champ) and my hobby (watching mma fights, judo and wrestling) to produce this video. it contains examples from real fights and combat sports for the majority of the techniques, and a demonstration against 100% resistance. I personally think that it's objectively the best video on the subject on the internet.

Last edited:

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello from Thailand, welcome. I have not been to Israel yet, but I have been to Beirut Lebanon(just before the big explosion 💥). Welcome.

You have done a ton of good work in this video, it is a very healthy process for you to go through. You have a bright future in teaching I think. Keep at it.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Remember chicken and gravy. What is most important? Setting avoidance and abatement aside for a minute, the chicken 🍗 is blocking, evasion and defense. This is your primary concern before attempting disarm techniques. Disarms, the gravy is good to practice also.

Understanding different motivations for the attack can be important also. A terrorist attack with a knife 🔪 is potentially a much different experience than a robbery gone bad.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent! Very insightful. This is very close to what we do in Eskrido de Alcuizar. You would love our class. Also, we’ve been talking about both the kimura and pummeling here in a recent thread. Good stuff!
If you ever visit So California please look us up!

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Remember chicken and gravy. What is most important? Setting avoidance and abatement aside for a minute, the chicken 🍗 is blocking, evasion and defense. This is your primary concern before attempting disarm techniques. Disarms, the gravy is good to practice also.

Understanding different motivations for the attack can be important also. A terrorist attack with a knife 🔪 is potentially a much different experience than a robbery gone bad.
Idk I kinda really like gravy, it might be more important than the meat underneath.

OP
I

Israeliknifedefense

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey! I would love to hear ideas for improvement if you have any. plus if you are familiar with effective knife defense techniques I would like to hear about them as well.
Thanks, Danny.

jmf552

Green Belt
Reaction score
Travis Roesler is a multi-style self defense instructor based in New Jersey, USA. He "pressure tests" different self defense techniques with 100% resistance to find out what works and what doesn't. He also pressure tests based on CCTV videos of actual attacks. He has a free basic course linked in the video below. I bought his more in-depth paid online knife defense course and it seems pretty good. No flash, no "art," just simple, abrupt, violent defensive techniques. Of course, you would have to get with a partner and practice the techniques. He makes no pretense that you can learn anything just by watching. He also has a great self-deprecating sense of humor, so his videos are fun to watch.

He criticized the knife defense techniques of one YouTube "expert," by showing several unsuccessful attempts by him and his students to make them work. That YouTuber criticized his criticism, prompting Roesler to publicly offer that "expert" $10,000 to come to his school and show his stuff. He said if out of 100 tries, the YouTuber could defend against even one of his knife attacks, he would give him the money. The YouTuber never responded.

Here is the promo video for the course.

OP
I

Israeliknifedefense

White Belt
Reaction score
The video was approved and uploaded by the official page of the Russian Combat Sambo Federation.
БОЕВОЕ САМБО | VK
צילום מסך 2023-01-01 ב-10.55.11 אח׳.png

Latest Discussions