Real ID passes senate

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It looks like in 2008 we are going to see it as a requirement. Interestingly, just imagine how many companies and private corporations such as Banks are going to require it for identification before doing business or opening accounts.

Of course the card will be too easily stolen and duplicated, making identity theft a common crime. This will require a step further which will be RFID like implants.

Just imagine how beneficial that is... It only costs you your freedom, or what is left of it.

So what do we do?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It looks like in 2008 we are going to see it as a requirement. Interestingly, just imagine how many companies and private corporations such as Banks are going to require it for identification before doing business or opening accounts.

Of course the card will be too easily stolen and duplicated, making identity theft a common crime. This will require a step further which will be RFID like implants.

Just imagine how beneficial that is... It only costs you your freedom, or what is left of it.

So what do we do?

I know that those today if they are targeting an individual can most likely get the information they want to obtain someone's ID for credit.

The easiest is to apply for it in a female name using the tax returns of a male. One might ask, why this way Rich? Well in some states a woman can apply for her own credit using only the W2 or tax information of her husband. No proof of marriage is required. They might issue the card in her name or in his name. Etiher way not an issue, for all she has to say is that she did not change her name and if her ID and signature matches what she signed on the card, most if not all places will take it. (* Try being a male and using one with a female name and see home much of a problem you get. :( *)

I do not know any sure fire way for absolute security.

I agree that my "freedoms" are being infringed upon.

I wonder if this new ID will be in addition to a passport and also a state ID?

Carrying around one for the Fed's, possible a passport, and state ID to drive, a work ID to get access to buildings, and or other ID's as required by law such as CPL(CCW) ID's, could make it even easier to to get a person's ID. :(

Sorry no real answer, only more questions.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that those today if they are targeting an individual can most likely get the information they want to obtain someone's ID for credit.

The easiest is to apply for it in a female name using the tax returns of a male. One might ask, why this way Rich? Well in some states a woman can apply for her own credit using only the W2 or tax information of her husband. No proof of marriage is required. They might issue the card in her name or in his name. Etiher way not an issue, for all she has to say is that she did not change her name and if her ID and signature matches what she signed on the card, most if not all places will take it. (* Try being a male and using one with a female name and see home much of a problem you get. :( *)

I do not know any sure fire way for absolute security.

I agree that my "freedoms" are being infringed upon.

I wonder if this new ID will be in addition to a passport and also a state ID?

Carrying around one for the Fed's, possible a passport, and state ID to drive, a work ID to get access to buildings, and or other ID's as required by law such as CPL(CCW) ID's, could make it even easier to to get a person's ID. :(

Sorry no real answer, only more questions.

I suspect it will eventually be an all in one. The next step is a global ID (a GUID for those software developers) for all those who live in the "free world".;) [sarcasm included]

It is a bottom up transformation. You don't build a building from the top down, you start with the foundation and build on that.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I for one am not a big fan of the idea. I am one of the 25mil. vets whose info was on the laptop. With a one stop I.D. I am just not a big fan. Also, I was in the mediterranaen from Mar 95-Dec 96. I understood the reason why the Active Duty ID was so information accessible, but not now. Not as a civilian, also Clinton was keeping the bad man on the run or watchful eye. So, the reason for this is what again? I am not too sure.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought I already had a federal ID? It's called a passport.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I thought I already had a federal ID? It's called a passport.

Passport = Proof of Citizenship / Proof of Identity
ID = Proof of Identity / Proof of residence

New ID replaces passports and ID's with one system that, "Proof of identity / residence / citizenship

Seriously at what point did I actually start understanding all this stuff.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Passport = Proof of Citizenship / Proof of Identity
ID = Proof of Identity / Proof of residence

New ID replaces passports and ID's with one system that, "Proof of identity / residence / citizenship

Seriously at what point did I actually start understanding all this stuff.

As long as you can teach the rest of us, it's all good :) :)

Latest Discussions