Qi Explained

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The ox cart trail the same as king Solomon's temple. I think they are both lineages of masonry but don't quite know where the intercession happened between the ancient church. Chi is shown by a pot of boiling rice classically to westerners. Steaming rice makes pot lid vibrate. It was a analogy for internal strengh. The more I play with empty force the more since this makes. When you lead someone to emptyness you really don't even have to move just charge your chi in the position you are in when you make contact. I see this train of thought when I think chi it really can take all shapes of anything. The internal work or external work in martial arts is what we study that could be a coffee cup or a fist. It all has a sorce of chi and each is different. On the wholeistic side I don't know what others are thinking.
I always understood the chi of rice, was the water finding, and cell phone cleansing properties. :D

Energetics

White Belt
Reaction score
My website.
Energetics, could you please credit the website from which you are copying and pasting your responses here?

Home
(Scroll down to the Chi Kung entry.)

My website, only some of it are quotes, obviously the interview is. I have a post earlier explaining this but for some reason you can't read it as it is hidden. It says that "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Energetics

White Belt
Reaction score
I wrote everything apart from the interview.

My teacher Tian Yingjia, son of Tian Zhoulin, adopted son of Yang Jianhou, third gatekeeper to the Yang family art. Tian Yingjia was based in Shanghai area, died age 77 in 2007. So he followed the line and teaching of the 2nd generation of Yang Jianhou and Yang Shaohou, not the more common 3rd generation teaching of Yang Chengfu. I was an appointed disciple (overseas).

Frames are beginners slow large frame, experienced fast and slow middle frame, and the family secret fast small frame which from his line has died with him. He found no one worthy to teach it to. I have only seen a small part of it.

Me, age 70, not teaching anymore, I have senior students who teach. As time goes on I find less and less interest in martial, I take far more pride in not needing it. You don't learn tai-chi you become tai-chi, so you cannot lose it. It is part of your very being.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One thing I learned from my studies of teaching and rhetoric was:
Know Your Audience.

Reactions: JP3

Energetics

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I realise that martial arts forums are mostly populated by arses. But amoungst the arses are going to be people who are interested and will listen, and maybe be motivated to look further. Not at me, I am not selling anything, I am *giving* information if people want it. AND hopefully finding like minds, I have spotted at least one in this thread.

I have tried before years ago, so trying again, to meet one gem you can communicate with is worth all the insults and eeeediots you have to tolerate.

Morningstar

White Belt
Reaction score
Not everybody can feel Qi. Not everybody can see ghost.

One of my Taiji students when she practices Taiji, her soul can separate away from her body, float on top of her physical body, and look down on herself. I can't do that.

Another student of mine had only learned the first 8 moves of the Taiji forms. Today he is a famous Qi master and charges money for sending Qi into people's body. One day he touched my hand and told me that I had strong Qi. But I still feel nothing.

So what can I say?
Maybe you need a HUG from chi!

Latest Discussions