Properly identify what you teach and learn.

OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There are a few things that could be taught (a few things to look for), but I doubt there's training that's very effective in that situation, in the immediate need. Changing awareness doesn't happen quickly for most folks, and no physical training is likely to be useful in that short a period.
Ability, Opportunity and Intent. This is what criminals need to attack someone. Remove one of these and he can't victimize her in the short term.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ability, Opportunity and Intent. This is what criminals need to attack someone. Remove one of these and he can't victimize her in the short term.
I’d have to ponder that. In theory, yes. I’m not immediately convinced most people could alter their lives effectively without direct intervention (more than training).

Intent is not really in her control, nor is ability. So all you can work with in this manner is opportunity.

Star Dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Reall

I think there is a bit of miscommunication here. Because I'm not suggesting to be exclusive, rather awareness, so that you can do exactly what you are suggesting.
We surely have common ground. I just felt that your list drew some lines, where none need to exist.

I agree to the overall importance of being aware what (and how) one teaches and learns, however! :)

Latest Discussions