Proper tiltes for Arnis Black Belts

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, I was definitely at Bob's Atlanta 2000 August Camp (Tested for Lakan then) in Stone Mountain.

I remember Datu/GM Hartman being there (he taught forms), Jeff Delaney, and Chuck Gauss.

Bob's 1999 seminar was in Tucker, Ga at a church's facility.

Those were great times Bob!

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Although I don't remember Ray being there. I did see him at the Orlando camp.
Yeah, I don't remember him being there either. As you said, he was definitely at the Orlando camp and was at the Big Three in Jacksonville, Fl (I wish I could have made that one).

chris arena

Green Belt
Reaction score
The seminar that I attended in Atlanta was not a camp. It was just a Prof. Presas Seminar. I believe that it was in 2000. but maybe it was 1999. I do remember that it was very close to Stone Mountain, but was in late spring or early summer if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and great people. Southern hospitality was alive and well.

Chris Arena

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've some pictures from it, I'll get someone to help me get them in the computer,I can't find the place that pictures are to be put into.

Bob Quinn

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

I was giving as example ranks of titles not typically associated with MA.

As far as an example of someone who was given the title of "Manong", again this is outside the context of MA, I can think of Guro Dawud Muhammad, who was given this title by Pamana Tuhon Chris Sayoc.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Manong Muhammad (also a black belt in MA) just after the Professor's passing.

According to the article, "Manong mean Revered Elder of the Sayoc tribe."

Best regards,

Harold

Tuhon Ray is now officially designating the rank of Certified Instructor as "Manong" in FCS-Kali.

Manong Harold
Lakan Guro
Southeastern US Director
FCS-Kali

Latest Discussions