Proper etiquette when you accidentally pick up your opponent

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
some things that are illegal should be allowed in sports in order to get that teaching that you give.
I have always believed that if there are no fist flying, the pure grappling art is not realistic. Your starting game may be the grappling art, but your end game should be the integration of the striking art and the grappling art. You just don't want to stay in the grappling art for the rest of your life.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funnily enough, "I could slam you", while technically accurate, is not a good pickup line.
I was waiting for someone to pick up on the obvious (yet accidental) pun in the thread title.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to pick up on the obvious (yet accidental) pun in the thread title.
I've been holding back... but been very tempted to make comments like "let them down gently, and communicate better next time" or "don't tell your significant other... or theirs."

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have always believed that if there are no fist flying, the pure grappling art is not realistic. Your starting game may be the grappling art, but your end game should be the integration of the striking art and the grappling art. You just don't want to stay in the grappling art for the rest of your life.
Yeah, and whatever you trained didn't include the guard game from BJJ. No art is complete. No art is 100% realistic. That doesn't give you the right to injure your training partner because "well if you broke into my house, that's what I'd do to you."

It's also very ironic that you said this in the BJJ forum. The art that basically started modern MMA. The art where a significant amount of schools either train for MMA, or at the very least have a striking class of some sort. A thread started by me, who's been very active on this forum about my experiences in Taekwondo, an art mainly focused on kicks.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been holding back... but been very tempted to make comments like "let them down gently, and communicate better next time" or "don't tell your significant other... or theirs."

Get married and have a cringe BJJ wedding.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
That is weakness. No holding back in pun fu.

Latest Discussions