Proof Found of the Red Sea Crossing

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A source with more credibility than the OP...

If you mean Grumpywolfman, I don't know what his credibility in this thread is, as I'm unclear as to its purpose. The OP is just a video. I still don't know why he's posting the burst of Bible archaology videos that he's posted.

If you are refering to the video in the OP, I don't know. I didn't watch it. I did watch the Sodom & Gomorah video and it was long enough that it turned me away from watching this one. Besides which, I already have formulated beliefs on the Biblical events of the OT. Since the last video was essentially an evangelization tool rather than a cool archaological program, well I already have formulated beliefs on the NT as well. I'm not Jewish, so proving the accuracy of the OT is unimportant to me; it isn't my book.

And I never did care much for Penn & Teller, so I didn't watch that video either (sorry :) ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you mean Grumpywolfman, I don't know what his credibility in this thread is, as I'm unclear as to its purpose. The OP is just a video. I still don't know why he's posting the burst of Bible archaology videos that he's posted.

If you are refering to the video in the OP, I don't know. I didn't watch it.

I refer to the video, the "star" of the video, and the claims made in the video.

I did watch the Sodom & Gomorah video and it was long enough that it turned me away from watching this one. Besides which, I already have formulated beliefs on the Biblical events of the OT. Since the last video was essentially an evangelization tool rather than a cool archaological program, well I already have formulated beliefs on the NT as well. I'm not Jewish, so proving the accuracy of the OT is unimportant to me; it isn't my book.

Heretic!!!!!

And I never did care much for Penn & Teller, so I didn't watch that video either (sorry :) ).

I think they're quite funny. But that's ok. I'll still talk to you without demanding that you watch the video. :)

Of course, Dr Jones has more credibility than P&T, especially when we include the whip factor.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think they're quite funny. But that's ok. I'll still talk to you without demanding that you watch the video. :)

Of course, Dr Jones has more credibility than P&T, especially when we include the whip factor.
I decided to watch it (I watched the Sodom one so why not?). They come off as pushy people who dog on others' beliefs; having fun at others' expense. Sorry, they're just rude. Lots of religious people do the exact same thing. And they're just rude. I used to listen to Christian radio. I stopped because while some of the programs were worthwhile, many of the hosts were also just plain rude. That and I don't consider a format that supports one political party and demonizes the other to be particularly Christian.

If you enjoy them, that is fine by me; to each his or her own. Some people like Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson. I don't, but then to each his or her own. :)

OP
grumpywolfman

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
I decided to watch it (I watched the Sodom one so why not?). They come off as pushy people who dog on others' beliefs; having fun at others' expense. Sorry, they're just rude. Lots of religious people do the exact same thing. And they're just rude. I used to listen to Christian radio. I stopped because while some of the programs were worthwhile, many of the hosts were also just plain rude. That and I don't consider a format that supports one political party and demonizes the other to be particularly Christian.

If you enjoy them, that is fine by me; to each his or her own. Some people like Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson. I don't, but then to each his or her own. :)

Could you please point to a specific part in the documentary where somebody was being rude to somebody else? What exactly was said where somebody was being insulted?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Actually, in this particular case they very specifically stay away from addressing belief, and stick to addressing claims that there is any scientific basis for the belief. Faith is fine. If you have faith that Elvis is alive and well and helping aliens abduct bored housewives in Ohio, that's fine. When you claim to have PROOF, then it's a different story.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah seeing Charlton Heston strolling across the reed sea is much less cinematic than

moses1.jpg

And G-d said unto Moses, "Chuck..."

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Actually, in this particular case they very specifically stay away from addressing belief, and stick to addressing claims that there is any scientific basis for the belief. Faith is fine. If you have faith that Elvis is alive and well and helping aliens abduct bored housewives in Ohio, that's fine. When you claim to have PROOF, then it's a different story.
I would consider their performance to be very demeaning to people's belief. I actually found the sceptic guy to be very likable and reasonable in his commentary. In general, regardless of the subject, I find Penn and Teller to be rude and obnoxious. Some people find them funny. I don't fault them for that.

But if you take a stack of Bibles and start tossing them and calling them "********" and say to read it because it will make you an atheist and the world needs more atheists, then yes, you are trashing the beliefs of others. And that is exactly what they did. I don't want to go on debating it. I consider them crass and unfit for intelligent discussion. If you see it differently, then you see it differently. I don't think less of you. :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But if you take a stack of Bibles and start tossing them and calling them "********" and say to read it because it will make you an atheist and the world needs more atheists, then yes, you are trashing the beliefs of others. And that is exactly what they did. I don't want to go on debating it. I consider them crass and unfit for intelligent discussion. If you see it differently, then you see it differently. I don't think less of you. :)

I think some of the outrageousness was, like the frequent gratuitous nudity, for the purpose of drumming up interest. Penn can be pretty reasonable in informal circumstances but he does still hold to the basic opinions you stated.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think some of the outrageousness was, like the frequent gratuitous nudity, for the purpose of drumming up interest. Penn can be pretty reasonable in informal circumstances but he does still hold to the basic opinions you stated.

And what is wrong with that? Boobies are Gods gift, so that man will shut up on occasion. I know I have often been awwed into silence by them.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked their debunking of martial arts. Black Aprons. Loved it.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I took no issue with his opinion, for the record. It was the presentation. I realize that he is doing it the way that he does as part of an act, but many comics have rude acts. Some people like it, some people don't. It isn't for me, so I watch other things.

OP
grumpywolfman

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chariots and remains would be consistent with many, many possible events.

The design of the Egyptian chariot wheels identified at the Red Sea crossing are specific only to that particular period of time in history.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The design of the Egyptian chariot wheels identified at the Red Sea crossing are specific only to that particular period of time in history.

And you know this how?

Are you saying that no time in the 3000 year history of Egypt that the Egyptian chariot wheels were unique to the time of the Red Sea crossing...which by the way cannot be historically verified as to the actual date or the actual Pharaoh that was in said Egyptian chariots.

Even if the Egyptian chariot wheels were unique to that time what is to say an Egyptian wasn’t tooling along in his Egyptian chariot near the red sea when a wheel broke and out of frustration tossed the damn thing in the water.

It would seem to me that if archeologist were looking for Egyptian chariot wheels and or Egyptian chariots as proof of the red sea crossing that an Egyptian army on chariots, caught by the closing of the red sea upon them would constitute more than one wheel. Or two wheels. Assuming a wooden wheel could survive in the red sea for over 2000 years it would seem to me there would be a lot more wheels and a lot more weapons and other things associated with the Egyptian army found in that area of the Red sea or somewhere in the Red sea.

And here is another thing, currents and the closing of a sea on top of an army would spread them and their gear far a wide and there would be a lot of out of place findings all over the bottom of the Red Sea and admittedly I do not follow middle east archeology but it would seem to me that I would have heard something, anything about large numbers of archeological finds under the water of the Red Sea associated with “1” Egyptian army from a specific period in Egyptian history

Latest Discussions