Problems with "Bloodsport"

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
You did transformers and you didn't do the touch?

I did, right in my next post.

I was going to post the Marky Mark version from Boogie Nights, but the comedic timing wasn't right. Last night started well but...

Today's a new day though.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically. The discharge pipe came loose when it was already underwater, I had to manually rig it to form a seal and run nonstop (which it did for 6 hours without overheating, I woke up impressed).
That right there is why I bought a house above the waterline.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
That right there is why I bought a house above the waterline.
My place is actually on a hill, but the thing about basements is that no matter what elevation, it's big hole in the ground and all it takes is too much water too fast for the guttering and pump to handle.

Got a plumber on the way. Supposed to be going away on vacation tomorrow too, how's that for comedic timing. Life has a way of being stupid funny all the time. At least it didn't happen while I was away.

That said...this is my martial arts solo song. I sing this out loud whenever I train. People look at me funny, because they don't understand the tortured soul of the martial artist.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did, right in my next post.

I was going to post the Marky Mark version from Boogie Nights, but the comedic timing wasn't right. Last night started well but...

Today's a new day though.

My place is actually on a hill, but the thing about basements is that no matter what elevation, it's big hole in the ground and all it takes is too much water too fast for the guttering and pump to handle.

Got a plumber on the way. Supposed to be going away on vacation tomorrow too, how's that for comedic timing. Life has a way of being stupid funny all the time. At least it didn't happen while I was away.

That said...

What about Lam Sai Wing thread? You tease and tease.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about Lam Sai Wing thread? You tease and tease.
Well I got it started with some pretty solid research from the Czech Hung Kuen folk.

There's even an icebreaker question, I wanted to get ahead of that whole thing. Nothing like a kung fu argument about the number of things...elements, animals, meridians, directions, flavors, colors..

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I got it started with some pretty solid research from the Czech Hung Kuen folk.

There's even an icebreaker question, I wanted to get ahead of that whole thing. Nothing like a kung fu argument about the number of things...elements, animals, meridians, directions, flavors, colors..

I won’t argue. Im interested to hear whatever you come up with. James Wing Woo was a student of Lam Sai Wing, amongst others in the 1930s era.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I never learned this form, I saw it several times when I was only a few years into training. I was told by Sifu Woo that if done improperly, one could cause injury or illness to oneself. My training brothers and I are reconstructing the history and timeline of when certain forms and exercises came into our system. Maybe you could help me with a couple of questions? Who was teaching Tom Long Pai around the 1930s in Canton? Also, same question for a lost track Lin Quan style which is where we got our slippery floor training.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never learned this form, I saw it several times when I was only a few years into training. I was told by Sifu Woo that if done improperly, one could cause injury or illness to oneself. My training brothers and I are reconstructing the history and timeline of when certain forms and exercises came into our system. Maybe you could help me with a couple of questions? Who was teaching Tom Long Pai around the 1930s in Canton? Also, same question for a lost track Lin Quan style which is where we got our slippery floor training.
Yeah, you can easily herniate yourself doing this set. That's actually what ended Lam Sai Wing. He literally kung fu'd himself to death. It goes with the territory I guess.

I'll look into those other things, Dragon style lineages in the south are really, really, really complex.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, you can easily herniate yourself doing this set. That's actually what ended Lam Sai Wing. He literally kung fu'd himself to death. It goes with the territory I guess.

I'll look into those other things, Dragon style lineages in the south are really, really, really complex.
Thank you very much for your consideration. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is fun.

It is not frank dux of course because he made the whole thing up.

It probably isn't an underground fight.

But what he based his story on?

Latest Discussions