Pressure Point Controvsery

TigerHeart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are a lot of videos are so common that you knock a person down by pressure point, and you have to cross his legs, get a sit-up position, tap his neck behind, and pull each of his figures. Just to wake him up.

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are a lot of videos are so common that you knock a person down by pressure point, and you have to cross his legs, get a sit-up position, tap his neck behind, and pull each of his figures. Just to wake him up.

There is a reason for that. It causes a rather euphoric state afterwards. Make the Uki not mind getting hit so much. There is a nerve there, if you slap it when you are tired you get a jolt and feel better for a while. Great when you are driving and tired.

TigerHeart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It actually work! I just pay a little kid $20 just to pretend he got knocked out in public.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will dispute that one from personal experience in Caracas Venezuela. However, when someone thinks something will not work for them, they are always right!
I don't know about for me, I never got that far. I stopped when they didn't work on me.

I've attended 2 seminars, and have had pressure point experts attend clubs I have been a member of on three separate occasions.

Sure, maybe none of them were doing it right, but having rolled and sparred with a few of them left me completely unimpressed.

Of course it will work for you/on you if you are already a believer. See: George Dilman.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
As an example angel dust or PCP turns the persons upper body to a hyper state of almost being indestructible. They can take a bullet and keep on coming. However they are very weak in this state from the waste down

That doesn't make any sense. PCP is an analgesic and it affects the lower body the same as it does the upper body.

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't know about for me, I never got that far. I stopped when they didn't work on me.

I've attended 2 seminars, and have had pressure point experts attend clubs I have been a member of on three separate occasions.

Sure, maybe none of them were doing it right, but having rolled and sparred with a few of them left me completely unimpressed.

Of course it will work for you/on you if you are already a believer. See: George Dilman.

I can only tell you of personal experience. Nothing works if YOU don't believe it.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I take my information from law enforcement, of which are in the family. beyond that I cannot tell you.

Ok...i don't think that is gonna be correct though.

PCP is an analgesic that stops you from feeling any pain throughout the body. From head to toe you do not feel anything.

It also causes hallucinations....many of which are demonic hallucinations. Which is why they are so crazy.

Picture someone completely numb of pain.... who thinks they are fighting for their life against a demon from hell.....and is experiencimg an adrenaline dump from the fear.

They keep fighting until completely subdued or dead.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can only tell you of personal experience. Nothing works if YOU don't believe it.
Fair enough. Tit for tat then, my experience tells me that if you need to believe in something(especially a martial arts technique) for it to work on you, it's probably not going to prove very useful.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a friendly comment about what this statement communicates to others. You say you still are still learning, but that you are not looking for information on the subject. Can you see how that sounds odd?
You beat me to this. Was going to quote the exact same comment, with the exact same poi

Last edited:
OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok...i don't think that is gonna be correct though.

PCP is an analgesic that stops you from feeling any pain throughout the body. From head to toe you do not feel anything.

It also causes hallucinations....many of which are demonic hallucinations. Which is why they are so crazy.

Picture someone completely numb of pain.... who thinks they are fighting for their life against a demon from hell.....and is experiencimg an adrenaline dump from the fear.

They keep fighting until completely subdued or dead.

Yes but it does seem to make the lower extremities weaker. This is where they have been told to attack. Mind you if you want to disable someone, dislocation of a knee will do it.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Truth goes through 3 stages, first it is laughed at, then it is violently opposed, finally is accepted as self evident. I believe the pressure point sciences are finally approaching the 3rd stage. The reason for the controversy is simply. Big egos, poor marketing, and people being envious of other's success. Some how thinking success is a sellout, when in fact failure is the sellout.

I have been involved in the arts as a student, and school owner for 33 years now. I began my pressure point study in 2001 after attending a seminar. Adding this information to any martial art system is a game changer.

About 20 months ago I moved from Canada to Romania to enjoy a quiet life, which I am. Currently, back when I arrived here I created an organization for those who wish to learn about pressure points, without the politics. It is called the Kyusho Jitsu World Alliance. We are growing continuously as people see the benefits of this information. The membership to the Alliance is free, and there is also a free course available. I do not wish to violate any forum rules, so if you want links send me a message.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Art

Pressure points are a real thing, but there is a lot of nonsense that's thrown along with it, I'll come back to that. My Kali instructor has extensive pressure point experience and he knows how to incorporate into some Kali techniques. However; having pressure points as your sole system can be dangerous, and I don't mean for your opponent. Pressure points are difficult(not impossible) to pull off, and there are so many factors that can change there effectiveness. Everyone's body is different and certain pressure points are more effective on certain people. I think a lot of martial artist would have a lot to gain by knowing basic pressure points and tried to incorporate into their techniques without comprising the structure of their techniques.

The nonsense I referred is the no touch knockout. There is science behind pressure point and why they work, but there's nothing validating the no touch knockout. It's a real shame because when a system chooses to incorporate magical techniques like that into their system it deters those that could have really learned something.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. PCP is an analgesic and it affects the lower body the same as it does the upper body.
Reminds me of a hospital visit where I overheard someone asking for morphine. She was told she already had been given some, and she said "that was for my left leg! My right legs hurting now!" Im sure she was just trying to cop, but people believe drugs effect only certain parts of the body, when in reality there's no way for that to be correct.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think a lot of martial artist would have a lot to gain by knowing basic pressure points and tried to incorporate into their techniques

i think we all do incorporate them. that is my contention with this thread. we havnt distinguished between biological pressure points and kyusho pressure points that are based on Chinese chi. i think that separation needs to be made before we can have a logical conversation on the subject.
the OP seems to have a backround in the later, being labeled as "kyusho" . but then wants to back peddle from the bad press kyusho chi pressure points get by trying to explain them using biology and stating right in the title of the thread, that there is a controversy about the subject. the OP explaination is that most instructors are either unqualified, unknowledgeable or a fraud. this statement presupposes that "Only he knows the truth" and thus need to study with him.
my observation is that Chi based pressure points are questionable at best right from the conception.
most martial artists do in fact use pressure points but they are based on biology.

as i already stated, if there is a biological explaination,, then there is no need for kyusho, chi or kyusho masters.

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Pressure points are a real thing, but there is a lot of nonsense that's thrown along with it, I'll come back to that. My Kali instructor has extensive pressure point experience and he knows how to incorporate into some Kali techniques. However; having pressure points as your sole system can be dangerous, and I don't mean for your opponent. Pressure points are difficult(not impossible) to pull off, and there are so many factors that can change there effectiveness. Everyone's body is different and certain pressure points are more effective on certain people. I think a lot of martial artist would have a lot to gain by knowing basic pressure points and tried to incorporate into their techniques without comprising the structure of their techniques.

The nonsense I referred is the no touch knockout. There is science behind pressure point and why they work, but there's nothing validating the no touch knockout. It's a real shame because when a system chooses to incorporate magical techniques like that into their system it deters those that could have really learned something.

Pressure point was never intended, in my view to be a complete system. Without a strong self defense system to incorporate their use into, there is little chance of success. When studied correctly, with the right person, the system used is not dramatically changed, just more knowledge added to it. As am example I recently saw a krav maga demo in Bucharest. Good stuff, but in several instances an elbow dislocate was possible at TW-11. But never used.

It is only a supplement to a good solid system. That is how I teach and approach it :)

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i think we all do incorporate them. that is my contention with this thread. we havnt distinguished between biological pressure points and kyusho pressure points that are based on Chinese chi. i think that separation needs to be made before we can have a logical conversation on the subject.
the OP seems to have a backround in the later, being labeled as "kyusho" . but then wants to back peddle from the bad press kyusho chi pressure points get by trying to explain them using biology and stating right in the title of the thread, that there is a controversy about the subject. the OP explaination is that most instructors are either unqualified, unknowledgeable or a fraud. this statement presupposes that "Only he knows the truth" and thus need to study with him.
my observation is that Chi based pressure points are questionable at best right from the conception.
most martial artists do in fact use pressure points but they are based on biology.

as i already stated, if there is a biological explaination,, then there is no need for kyusho, chi or kyusho masters.

I will argue that because people learn differently. When I started in the arts it was survival of the fittest, not trying to make the weak strong. My first instructor did not need the arts to be dangerous. But he benefited anyway. Some will want simply information, others more complex. But both paths lead to the same place.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes but it does seem to make the lower extremities weaker. This is where they have been told to attack. Mind you if you want to disable someone, dislocation of a knee will do it.

It's not weaker. PCP doesn't make you stronger or weaker.....just makes numb to all pain.

Latest Discussions