Prejudice World-Wide

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Uhhh...because I said so :xtrmshock

That's why I decided to quit responding.

When you go looking for offense, you'll usually find it. Besides, it's easy and fashionable to look down on the ignorant and tunnel-visioned Americans. No point arguing, especially since, in my mind at least, there was never a conflict or disagreement.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is asking if there is anything like Affirmative Action in Europe being sarcastic?

I'd really like to know and I would also be interested in hearing about what other accommodations have been made for the "less fortunate" across the pond in regards to assuring them fair treatment.

Like many people I respond badly to sarcasm especially when it's a serios subject.
I have posted up on this thread one of the things the EU is doing to help the Roma in Europe not just in Romania.
This is the European commission that deals with inequality etc.

http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=423&langId=en

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I decided to quit responding.

When you go looking for offense, you'll usually find it. Besides, it's easy and fashionable to look down on the ignorant and tunnel-visioned Americans. No point arguing, especially since, in my mind at least, there was never a conflict or disagreement.

No one ever sees their own posts as being divisive.

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sigh...one more time...

The insertion of Article 13 was directly followed by the Commission's proposal of an "anti-discrimination package", which included the Community Action Program to Combat Discrimination and both the Racial Equality Directive and the Employment Equality Directive.

These Directives, adopted in 2000, prohibit discrimination, harassment and victimisation in employment and training on the grounds of religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation. They also prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race or ethnic origin, in employment and areas beyond such as education, social security and social advantages, including housing and healthcare, and access to goods and services. While many European countries already had legislation against discrimination, the new laws aim to establish a consistent set of rights and obligations across the

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note:

Logs show no posts removed. I posted a multipage mess as a test and it went in fine. Unable to duplicate the issue. Might be an invisible character in the paste causing the issue. Try reposting, but use the A/A button (top right of the quick reply box) to switch to text mode.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mod Note: Unfortunately we have not been able to recreate the issue regarding posts not logging. Though it appears to be an isolated issue. We will continue to monitor and please report any problems that you have. Thanks!

Carry on!

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To mend fences in the discussion a little:

Tez the claim that CC's comment was sarcastic was an implication from me, he says that is not the case. I probably read more into the OP than intended.

Please continue. :duel:

Latest Discussions