Power of a Punch

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well i try not to just state the obvious, but do you think their may be a reason why nobody else in the world does it ?
No I don't wonder about that. I told you that this is my concept. This is something I use and teach students. I actually take pride and joy that nobody else "to my knowledge" uses this concept. That just means that I may know something that someone else doesn't know.

I could easily explain "Shield and Spear" and someone may say.. "Oh that's similar to what we do, but we call it...(insert name)" That's a possibility. But if not. Then I'm happy to be the only one that knows it, besides the students I taught.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At one point, everything humans did had "nobody else in the world that does it." If we never did anything because "nobody else in the world does it", we wouldn't have invented fire.
well i do indeed try not to state the obvious, but i have little choice on here. humans didnt invent fire

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No I don't wonder about that. I told you that this is my concept. This is something I use and teach students. I actually take pride and joy that nobody else "to my knowledge" uses this concept. That just means that I may know something that someone else doesn't know.

I could easily explain "Shield and Spear" and someone may say.. "Oh that's similar to what we do, but we call it...(insert name)" That's a possibility. But if not. Then I'm happy to be the only one that knows it, besides the students I taught.
after a quarter million years of evolution, its a bit optimistic to think your the first person who wonder if sticking your left arm out like a tree branch was a good idea, most of the good idea caught on

why not test it to see if its a help or a hindrance before teaching it to others, see if iron mike has any free time next weekend

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is my life time goal. To be able to

- do at least 1 thing that's better than everybody else on this planet.
- invent at least 1 principle that has not been invented before.
your going to have to pick something obscure out of the Guinness book of records, like how many turkeys can you stuff in an hour, that sort of thing

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well i do indeed try not to state the obvious, but i have little choice on here. humans didnt invent fire

If you're going to nitpick the way people talk, please use correct grammar and punctuation. Because if we're going to start nitpicking over every little detail, I can find at least a dozen errors in that sentence alone.

You know damn well what I meant. You're just arguing to argue.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you're going to nitpick the way people talk, please use correct grammar and punctuation. Because if we're going to start nitpicking over every little detail, I can find at least a dozen errors in that sentence alone.

You know damn well what I meant. You're just arguing to argue.
ive no idea what you mean, other than your
clear and some what mistaken belief that fire was invented by man, as that was the crux of the point you were making, its incumbent on you to actually fact check it for facts

man isnt even the only species to set fire to things on purpose, and the other species were probably doing it first, so even if we let you point slide, it still wouldn't be a human invention

Last edited:
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive no idea what you mean, other than your
clear and some what mistaken belief that fire was invented by man, as that was the crux of the point you were making, its incumbent on you to actually fact check it for facts

man isnt even the only species to set fire to things on purpose, and the other species were probably doing it first, so even if we let you point slide, it still wouldn't be a human invention

We invented creating fire. If you don't want to use that analogy, there are plenty of other inventions that at some point novody else was using. Medicine, wheels, powered flight, THE INTERNET.

Should we have said to Alexander Graham Bell, "nobody else is using voice communication devices, that should tell you something about telephones. "

In other words, its an innovation.

But you're so hell bent on arguing and pointing out every little detail you can nitpick to avoid having an actual discussion. At this point, I have to ask: are you incapable of having an actual conversation, or are you just an ***?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We invented creating fire. If you don't want to use that analogy, there are plenty of other inventions that at some point novody else was using. Medicine, wheels, powered flight, THE INTERNET.

Should we have said to Alexander Graham Bell, "nobody else is using voice communication devices, that should tell you something about telephones. "

In other words, its an innovation.

But you're so hell bent on arguing and pointing out every little detail you can nitpick to avoid having an actual discussion. At this point, I have to ask: are you incapable of having an actual conversation, or are you just an ***?
flipin eck, Wikipedia. there were dozens of people using the ''telephone''about the same time and multiple law suits and patent claims over it

only one thing is clear AGB was NOT alone in using voice communication, which i assume was your main ''FACT'' in this post

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm confused. I vaguely remember at some point being told that early members of our genus were the first to learn how to create and control fire for heat, hunting, protection, and even to help craft tools. That would be going back to Homo erectus, a couple of million years ago. Neanderthals certainly controlled fire. And you guys misuse it to make tea.

If other, non-human animals successfully use fire I would love to have you post a link. Animals do the most amazing things, and that would be really cool to check out!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm confused. I vaguely remember at some point being told that early members of our genus were the first to learn how to create and control fire for heat, hunting, protection, and even to help craft tools. That would be going back to Homo erectus, a couple of million years ago. Neanderthals certainly controlled fire. And you guys misuse it to make tea.

If other, non-human animals successfully use fire I would love to have you post a link. Animals do the most amazing things, and that would be really cool to check out!
KITES and other raptors set fire to brush to force the animals out (partially cooked,) they appear to hunt in '' packs( flocks) of several different species working together

they dont of course actually start the fire more move it from one place to another, but then thats rather what our ancestors did as well

I got this from the same documentary that told me giraffes are substantially homosexual, though i may have to wait along time for that to come up in a quiz

the subject was what makes humans special and the answer was not much

Are these birds deliberately spreading wildfires?.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Firehawks. Wow. I mean...just...wow.

I do hope the researchers succeed in verifying that as an intentional behavior. Besides, it's always nice to know that there is other intelligent animal life on the planet. Humans have been disappointing in that regard of late. At least where I live.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
after a quarter million years of evolution, its a bit optimistic to think your the first person who wonder if sticking your left arm out like a tree branch was a good idea,
Again you are criticizing some something that you don't know about. There's no way you can know about this because it's My Concept. I haven't taught you this so anything you say about is just flat incorrect.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is my life time goal. To be able to

- do at least 1 thing that's better than everybody else on this planet.
- invent at least 1 principle that has not been invented before.
To be honest. I think you have to go back to basics in order to do this. Revisit the basics with what you know now and you'll discover, that your understanding of the basics are totally different in almost every way. A lot of my break throughs and understanding Jow Ga was from me going back to basics

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again you are criticizing some something that you don't know about. There's no way you can know about this because it's My Concept. I haven't taught you this so anything you say about is just flat incorrect.
im not sure i criticised it so much as mocked it and asked if it wouldn't be a good idea to test it before you passed it on to others who may have mistaken you for a man who tests his concepts before getting money for them

just saying

im not sure holding one arm out straight counts as a concept, but hey if it works it works

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
im not sure i criticised it so much as mocked it and asked if it wouldn't be a good idea to test it before you passed it on to others who may have mistaken you for a man who tests his concepts before getting money for them

just saying

im not sure holding one arm out straight counts as a concept, but hey if it works it works

This answers my question I asked earlier:

"At this point, I have to ask: are you incapable of having an actual conversation, or are you just an ***?"

Latest Discussions