Police: Arizona church is a brothel

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Oh aye! You would hope, given their 'divine' inspiration, that they would be.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
It'd be easier to prove prostitution if the 'goddesses' were actually hot.

Just sayin.....

:D

You don't have the street knowledge of prostitutes that I have...in the LEO sense that is
:)

They are about par for the course unless you are extremely wealthy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not even having seen the website, so am I. That's not the point.

It doesn't matter what we think-even those in law enforcement. Simply because money changed hands and sex took place doesn't make it prostitution. And there are sex rites in a variety of religions-not enough to call it commonplace, or mainstream, but more than enough for legal precedent.

Sure. It's a brothel.Proving it in court might not be the slam dunk that it seems, even with the website evidence.

Just because they put up a sign (or website) that claims they are a religion doesn't make them one in terms of shielding otherwise illegal activity.

If the money collected went to the poor or some other philanthropic endeavor than maybe you have a point. If it went into a goddesses or priestess pocket for their next hit of meth (which im betting on) then that's fairly easy to prove.

A...was it 20 month investigation..with a sweep of arrests? I would think these were based on warrants from a magistrate and the nod from the prosecutors office...Im fairly confident that this is a straight up case of prostitution.

If they are a legitimate tax free religious organization ill buy the next round of beer.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im waiting for the next doper or shoplifter to claim that their religion requires them to smoke crack or steal razor blades. Lol!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the Gypsies have claimed for generations that they aren't stealing, since everything was given to them on Calvary.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You don't have the street knowledge of prostitutes that I have...in the LEO sense that is
:)
They are about par for the course unless you are extremely wealthy.
I do not want to type words in your mouth - but what are you inferring Archangel?

That the talent of these Church's priestesses wasn't on par with say the "Emperor's Club VIP" staff used by old Client #9 himself, Eliot Spitzer?

Or are you trying to validate an old street-wise saying from my youth?

Buyer beware... the only good-looking streetwalkers you will see are policewomen (on undercover sting) or men (in drag)!
:uhyeah:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Buyer beware... the only good-looking streetwalkers you will see are policewomen (on undercover sting) or men (in drag)!
:uhyeah:

I guess you could say that female cops have very arresting looks? :D

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/211822/20110911/arizona-church-an-alleged-brothel-police-arrest-sensuous-educators-tantra-egyptian-sacred-sexuality.htm

The alleged founder of the temple Tracy Elise, who is in her fifties and is popularly known as Mystic Mother, was arrested and charged with prostitution, illegal control of an enterprise, pandering, and operating a house of prostitution, police said. She has a alleged history of running similar brothels including one in Seattle, Washington, which authorities shut down in 2009.

A
church that advertises on backpage.com....classy.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
To be honest though...from my personal opinion...big deal. The likely reason they came under the spotlight was because of public complaints. If they were a bit more remote in their location and nobody was complaining I'd wager they wouldn't have been worth checking the radar for.

My only "issue" is the whole "religion" thing....come on this is a brothel. In Nevada nobody would care as long as they followed the rules.

Latest Discussions