Please allow me to introduce myself...

Bigmikey

White Belt
Reaction score
Here's hoping there are some Rolling Stones fans here, lol.

I'm 42 years old as of the 6th and I find myself in the midst of redefining a great deal of who I am.

I used to practice martial arts devotedly when I was a teen. I studied Okinawan Karate until the school closed and then transitioned into TKD. I studied TKD until my father told me we couldnt afford it any longer and that I'd have to get a job to help the family. I was crushed but did what my family needed.

I turned my energies to bodybuilding/weight lifting because I managed to garbage pick an old plastic weight set, lol. After nearly 2 decades of bodybuilding endeavors I finally found myself with the chance to get back to martial arts. I live in a rural area so my options were limited and I found myself back in TKD but this time I am also studying Hapkido as well.

I positively adore being able to practice again. I've come here looking for like minded folks to share these experiences with. Also I've come looking for some motivation as I've had some unexpected hurdles thrown in my way.

Anyway, from a personal spin, I've got a 14 year old step daughter that is both the light of my life and the bane of my existance, lol. I have a fantastic wife a 3 year old dog thats half Italian Mastiff and half nutjob, lol.

Thanks for readin,

Mikey

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see a man of wealth and taste on board. ;) Welcome!!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good to see a man of wealth and taste on board. ;) Welcome!!
And I thought I was a dying breed! Great to mind a mate!
icon10.gif

Welcome!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Mikey. Great introduction, I am looking forward to seeing you on the site, enjoy.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Actually I preferred the Jane's Addiction version myself.

I'm 42 years old as of the 6th and I find myself in the midst of redefining a great deal of who I am.

I used to practice martial arts devotedly when I was a teen. I studied Okinawan Karate until the school closed and then transitioned into TKD. I studied TKD until my father told me we couldnt afford it any longer and that I'd have to get a job to help the family. I was crushed but did what my family needed.

I turned my energies to bodybuilding/weight lifting because I managed to garbage pick an old plastic weight set, lol. After nearly 2 decades of bodybuilding endeavors I finally found myself with the chance to get back to martial arts. I live in a rural area so my options were limited and I found myself back in TKD but this time I am also studying Hapkido as well.

I positively adore being able to practice again. I've come here looking for like minded folks to share these experiences with. Also I've come looking for some motivation as I've had some unexpected hurdles thrown in my way.

Anyway, from a personal spin, I've got a 14 year old step daughter that is both the light of my life and the bane of my existance, lol. I have a fantastic wife a 3 year old dog thats half Italian Mastiff and half nutjob, lol.

Thanks for readin,

Mikey

Enjoy the rest of it...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome..

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT....perhaps you could motivate us to be more in-shape like yourself....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Thanks for readin,

Mikey
Welcome Sir.
Sean

Latest Discussions