PDF of Edged weapons injuries

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chris Fry of M.D.T.S. put together this PDF file of various "contact weapon" (knife, axe, etc.) wounds. Definately a bit of a reality check.

***WARNING***

These photos are extremely graphic...all the blood, guts, and gory details. You've been warned so don't gripe at me if this offends your sensibilities or upsets your stomach.

http://www.mdtstraining.com/Contact-EdgedWeaponWounds.pdf

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey KenpoTex it is always good/unfortunate to have another refreshing look at the reality of what a blade can do. Having come across a couple of blade incidents during the course of work I can tell you personally that it is gruesome.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. Those are certainly sobering now aren't they? Sad too, seeing what one human being is capable of doing to another.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Edge weapons...facts of life when use against you...it ain't pretty.

Alot of us train in knife defense..these pictures hopefully will make you realize it is better to escape ANYTIME from a edge carrying attacker!

Aloha (just had lunch too)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
It makes one step back and rethink the teaching of "knife defense" techniques. I have been thinking of this subject for some time and have been reviewing the techniques for validity and to what extent a person will get cut doing the defensive techniques.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep, as an ex emt I have seen such things before.. remember if you are close and a blade is involved the threat is actually more lethal then from most gun brandishing types! people with cold steel tend to make sure you do not make it if they can!!! any time a blade comes out I would say its a deadly force encounter and you better make sure its the attacker who gets the toe tag and body bag, and not you! if you are not going for broke and out to kill him or her fast you WILL DIE! so decide before it ever happens who will still be alive if it ever happens!!

Imua Kuntao

Green Belt
Reaction score
I once worked at local school district here as an officer and had a call from a school dance by another officer for a fight. When I got there two officers working the dance had arrested the two fighters, it was job to continue to hold them for SAPD, while walking to main entrance I had to takedown one to the ground, he had a nasty cut from a small knife on the inside of his arm, and still wanted to fight. Yes knife wounds are very bad, I try hard not to cut myself(lol)

Latest Discussions