Patch Placement on Uniform

dbljranch

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello
Is there any place the I can find a listing on proper placement of patches on my uniform? I am a new yellow belt and just received my new uniform and patches but don't know where they go................I am excited about getting them on the uniform, but really want to make sure I get them in the correct place.

Thank you
dbljranch

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread moved to Kenpo General where it will get better replies.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello
Is there any place the I can find a listing on proper placement of patches on my uniform? I am a new yellow belt and just received my new uniform and patches but don't know where they go................I am excited about getting them on the uniform, but really want to make sure I get them in the correct place.

Thank you
dbljranch

First of all, congratulations! Re: patches. Unscientific (global) method would be to call up some photos of senior kenpoists and guage where theirs are. Could begin by scrolling down to KenpoTalk and clicking icon. If your school has a more standard approach, of course, follow that. GOOD LUCK!

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

Ask you instructor, then get back to us here.

There are many ways.

Enjoy!

Juan M. Mercado

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello

Thank you
dbljranch

Depends on your organization really. Every organization does things a bit differently.

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My instructor used to sew them on his students gi himself. He wanted to make sure there was continuity in the uniforms.

Check with yours to make sure you are putting on the right ones they allow and where they will go.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratz on your promotion! I will ditto what everyone else has said. Many schools are different and your best bet is to ask, especially to make sure you have the right patches. My school had required patches based upon rank....presumably to spread out the cost of patches a bit, you could have them all on early if you wanted, but needed to get certain ones like the Parker Crest and American Flag earlier if you wanted to wait on others.

Latest Discussions