Pat Robertson And Demonic Chi

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Please just be careful not to do the same thing he did. that makes us no better.:asian:

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. I am sure he has the best intentions. Who am I to judge? It's not my job is it? :eek:

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. I am sure he has the best intentions. Who am I to judge? It's not my job is it? :eek:

I recall something scriptural about knowing them by the fruits that they bear?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The ability to judge is what separates us from most of the other animals. Mercy is fine. Empathy is fine. But refusing to take a clear look and follow it where it goes is moral cowardice of the worst sort.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
In his defense, I was prepared to be angered beyond words before I watched the video. Afterwards, I see no big deal.

He speaks about positive impacts Chuck F. Norris made using martial arts for over 2/3 of the video and only spoke of the demon breathing as something "some" do. It would appear that he's only wrong (in THIS instance) about a very little bit...

He might have clarified his statement a bit more, but I should point out that there are some indonesian styles of martial arts that teach you to go into a trance before training and channeling the spirits of dead masters into you to help train you on new things.

Put in that context I don't see anything wrong with it if he further clarified what he was talking about instead of a small soundbite.

http://www.astralmagick.com/metaphysical-occult-talismans-magical-talismans-occult-p-1983.html (not a martial arts link, but someone making money on the practice found within that MA).

scottie

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recall something scriptural about knowing them by the fruits that they bear?

You are very right about fruits, it says we can tell a tree by it's fruits.
The bible says we are not to Judge unless we wan't to be judged. It never says that we (followers of the teachings of Christ) won't be judged. I don't agree with what he said. I think it was a very spur of the moment uneducated statement and I am going to let him know that it did way more harm than good. (not that he will care what little ole' me thinks).

I must say a big sorry I did not realize this was the The Comedy Cafe when I started reading.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know where he gets the idea that only rich people want to beat up their friends ... :confused:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know where he gets the idea that only rich people want to beat up their friends ... :confused:
I think a translation would be closer to a person learning just enough to get himself hurt; instead of attempting to find discipline. Its a poorly worded but common occurance.
sean

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know about the "breathing in" but we all may have been guilty about not using the Orbits or Trident before class at one time or another. :)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prefer my demonic spirits with Mexican accents, thank you! :lfao:

Attachments

• $TequilaDiablo.jpeg
    $TequilaDiablo.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 158

Kyosanim

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You don't suppose, do you, Pat, that the incredible strength you speak of could possibly come from The Holy Spirit, eh? Automatically, something with superhuman strength has to be evil? Your Christ healed people with grace and survived sweating blood only to die at the hands of men. No great strength in The Holy Spirit?

How disheartening for your congregation.

I would point the man to Phillippians 4:13

Thank you, and on a related note. Not only should this guy NOT be on TV, he should not be representing Christians, as he makes us all look REALLLYYY BAAAAAD. Though his rants and ramble are funny.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know about demon breathing, but I've known a few guys with breath like an open grave. I mean, that's MA right there, IMHO.

Latest Discussions