Passed my first belt test!!!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Cool! Congratulations to you! Welcome to the journey!
icon14.gif

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
GOOD JOB Brother!!!!!!
Seriously. Enjoy each and every single step of the journey, that way your love for the art will be consistent...because often........THAT's all that carries you through!!!

Tell us about your test!...about your art....etc.

(about yourself...)

Your Brother
John

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new rank!! Keep up the hard work!!:ultracool

Mike

OP
KempoGuy06

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brother John said:
GOOD JOB Brother!!!!!!
Seriously. Enjoy each and every single step of the journey, that way your love for the art will be consistent...because often........THAT's all that carries you through!!!

Tell us about your test!...about your art....etc.

(about yourself...)

Your Brother
John

The mood for the test was very serious unlike anything i had expected. We were told the rules(no talking unless told to, 10 times a piece when asked for hand strikes/kicks,) Then we went into the test first we went through the hand strikes. Our instructor would go around and ask us questions(which animal it came from, what region of the body you strike) Same for the kicks. Then we did combination, kempos and self defense techniques in the air. We split up after that and we did thim in pairs (one would attack the other would preform a combo, kempo, or SD) After that we were placed in opposite spots around the dojo. We were called to the center two at a time for either sparring(my favorite part) or grappling. The whole test lasted about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours and was the most exhausting thing i have ever done both physically and mentally.

Like i said before it may have been hard but i loved every minute of it. It was such a rush. Ive had a turbulent past, between alcohol and drug addictions to troubles with the law. I decided to finally change my life thats when i found the martial arts, Ive always wanted to do it i just never decided to look into it. Ive only been studying Shaolin Kempo for about six months and already it has brought about a big change in my life. Im hoping that if i continue it will help to completely turn my life around. Thanks to everyone who has given me praise and encouragement.

B

Latest Discussions