Parkour

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From Black Belt Magazine FB.

The
Question of the DayWhich statement describes your point of view?

A. Parkour is useful for martial artists. Everyone could benefit from learning some of the basics movements. I would love to read about how it applies to the martial arts.

B. Parkour is great for the young, but at my age, I can't afford to risk the injuries associated with training.

I think am a B. Reason is because I am 34 now and although agile and quick and flexible I do belive in the area I live at I dont think it would apply to my skills. I also don't think I am going to be in a movie as a stunt double so I will leave it for the gymnastics, trickster, and you people. I am also into reality fighting. I like practice fighting concept and not games. I trying to venture into kali and more no-gi jujitsu.

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It is important to make a distinction between the more generic "Parkour" and what you seem to be talking about: "Freerunning."

Parkour includes not only the fancy tricking and jumping, but also the basics of movement, and would also include plain old running, jumping and climbing.

I think everyone can learn something from parkour, but not all from freerunning.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am the grandmaster and founder of Rhee Bok Do! :D

Latest Discussions