• Palm

• Windows-based

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack thesensei's thread, so I started a new one. Which do you use, Palm or Pocket PC/WinCE (gotta love that acronym)/Win Mobile device?
I'm happy with a Palm, currently on a Tungsten E. The Win devices have a lot of functionality, but my feeling is that if I want that much, I'll bring my laptop.
Mainly I use my Palm for the core apps (ToDo, Calendar, Memos), as well as a few other handy apps like HandyShopper (grocery lists) and Converter (unit conversion).

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im using a nice, cheap, palm zire. B+W, no bells or whistles. One thing I learned early in my career is what I needed to spend $$ on and what to go cheap(er) on. Things like boots, gloves, flashlights, vests Ill spend big on. Things like sunglasses, watches, pens, PDA's and yes even (gasp) pocket folders, I hardly ever go top of the line with. Ive lost, broke, driven over or spilled coffee on so many of those things that it made more sense to consider the quality/replacement cost vs. absolute quality. Many times we buy things with too many expensive features that we never use.....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like my PocketPC, but the rest of my family has various types of Palms and they like them.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a PocketPc and for the most part like it. The real benefit to it over the Palm OS devices is the ability to sync is easily at work and at home without having to add anything but the sync'ing program. On the old Palm OS device I used to have, you needed specific software to few your contacts and such and they were not common formats. I don't know if that is still the case.