Outside Dojang Behavior

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the topic was about whether unspecified outside behavior would influence your decision to stay or go. So I just brought up some general examples. And as I already explained, in many cases it really depends on the specifics, whether it comes to drinking, drugs, or being unfaithful.

The unfaithful ness I already explained in my previous post.
But some people indicated that nothing was any of my business as long as the school was run professionally. I thought you were one of those. If not, then I apologise. By bringing up examples like wifebeating, abuse, etc, I wanted to show that there is a lot of stuff that would make me leave my sensei.

From those who are in the 'none of my business camp', I wanted to ask them where they would draw the line, and if they would willingly associate with a person who did these things, with the excuse that at least the training was good.

As I said with squaddies having their own honour, it means wife beaters are beaten, child molestors more so. I wouldn't torture animals eitherif you fancy the same treatment. it's not legal, not nice and I can't condone it but it happens behind closed doors. There was a soldier who molested his children and tried to kill himself so he was put into the military pysche hospital we had then where he did it properly.

With all these things there has to be proof, not gossip, hearsay or malicious talk. You can't condemn someone on the basis of someone says their friend's uncle's second cousin's wife's mother in law has heard something.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In the OPs hyperthetical case, it may actually be a threesome and none of them are going to be looking outside for any more fun.
Possible, but more than likely, it is one guy having separate affairs with two separate women who are each unaware of the other's involvement. Should one become aware of the other, she may simply end her romantic interest and possibly leave the school... or she may inform the other woman... who may simply end her romantic interest and possibly leave the school. That is the best and second best case scenario.

More than likely, once one finds out about the other, they will either have a confrontation with each other, one may confront him, or both may confront him. Regardless, chances are that once one finds out she's not the only one, the news will likely travel. She may tell a "trusted friend" who thinks that one of her "trusted friends" would be okay to tell. And before long, its in the gossip mill.

Like I said, these things can take on a life of their own.

Daniel

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible, but more than likely, it is one guy having separate affairs with two separate women who are each unaware of the other's involvement. Should one become aware of the other, she may simply end her romantic interest and possibly leave the school... or she may inform the other woman... who may simply end her romantic interest and possibly leave the school. That is the best and second best case scenario.

More than likely, once one finds out about the other, they will either have a confrontation with each other, one may confront him, or both may confront him. Regardless, chances are that once one finds out she's not the only one, the news will likely travel. She may tell a "trusted friend" who thinks that one of her "trusted friends" would be okay to tell. And before long, its in the gossip mill.

Like I said, these things can take on a life of their own.

Daniel

The worse scenario ever is when the two women meet, make friends and turn on the man.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The worse scenario ever is when the two women meet, make friends and turn on the man.

Worst case? For the guy in any case... ^_^

But I find that serial womanizer are hardly a grand secret...maybe the current conquest...but not the general MO.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst case? For the guy in any case... ^_^

But I find that serial womanizer are hardly a grand secret...maybe the current conquest...but not the general MO.

Sometimes that's the attraction, men often don't like to think it but some women like to just play around and not get into anything serious, the serial womaniser won't bother her with wanting to leave hubby or make commitments, she can just have some 'fun'

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes that's the attraction, men often don't like to think it but some women like to just play around and not get into anything serious, the serial womaniser won't bother her with wanting to leave hubby or make commitments, she can just have some 'fun'

What's good for the gander...you know the analogies about milk and sausages...
;)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or help you prove that gun self defense that the school has been pedeling all this time. :)
If proved effective, it would be a great class! You might even be able to smooth things over with the angry husband at that point (having his shotgun does put you in a position of diplomatic strength, after all).

If proved ineffective, well, not only is the class ruined, you're either dead, or worse, in the hospital and in need of explaining why those gun defenses you've been pedeling all this time didn't work.

Daniel

OP
miguksaram

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If proved effective, it would be a great class! You might even be able to smooth things over with the angry husband at that point (having his shotgun does put you in a position of diplomatic strength, after all).

If proved ineffective, well, not only is the class ruined, you're either dead, or worse, in the hospital and in need of explaining why those gun defenses you've been pedeling all this time didn't work.

Daniel
Exactly!