only a little pain

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
so I went to class yesterday and this month we've been practicing our sparring drills. My sensei put a blue and a purple belt against me and that wasnt to hard so after the rounds were over he let everyone have a 5 minute break except me. he said alright justin me verse you. and of course this is the one day that I bring my girlfriend to class to watch lol. so basically I got my butt kicked in front of my girlfriend and my chest really hurts because he hook kicked me in the head and I fell and then he stepped on my chest and continued to punch me in the head but....every time he knocked me down I did get back up I finished the round on my feet and by landing a reverse punch to his ribs. so the moral of the story is sparring with sensei can be fun, but dont bring your girlfriend to watch you lol.

JC2005:ultracool

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:ultracool

Sounds like you had some fun. Also sounds like it was rather entertaining for your girlfriend. ;)

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like your instructor took you to the curb in front of your girlfriend because you brought her. If you smoked a few other colorbelts in front of her he may have decided to teach you a lesson. I may have as well, but I would not have struck you while you were down if it was sparring with colorbelts and not a MMA match. Did you follow up on your opponnents when they were on the ground (Are those your typical sparring rules there?)? Seems (May not be the fact) like you do well in sparring and was impressing your girlfriend and he tried to take you down a notch. Keep up your good work, if your instructor pushes you some, it may because he feels you can handle it. PEACE

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not knowing how things go in your school I will say good work with the colored belts and you need to step it up a little when sparring with your instructor.
He may have been just trying to see how you would react to being put down and hit.
Happy to hear you had fun and enjoyed that class . to me it says you have a great attitude and will do well in the arts.

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
i don't know if its a coincedence or whatever but when i spar my instructor, its always the last fight and i have usually already went agianst lower ranks and he always takes it to me harder then he does my class mates. he knows i like the beating and he knows i'm going to challenge myself more when i spar him.

i think you should feel lucky.

with respect,
painstain

OP
JC2005

JC2005

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
painstain said:
i don't know if its a coincedence or whatever but when i spar my instructor, its always the last fight and i have usually already went agianst lower ranks and he always takes it to me harder then he does my class mates. he knows i like the beating and he knows i'm going to challenge myself more when i spar him.

i think you should feel lucky.

with respect,
painstain

thats how it always is with me too its always the last fight and he always goes harder on me because I guess that I could handle it more then the lower belt ranks could. and same here he knows I like the "beating" lol because its a lot easier to learn how to handle yourself better then watching.

with respect,
JC2005:asian:

Latest Discussions