One question...

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Joking....?

Quaterbacks wear red to avoid injury in practice, since they are valuable (can't be banged up to much)...

Same could be said for a woman carrying a valuable bun in the oven...

"Pregnant Quaterback" would be an oximoron.....

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpobuff said:
Doesn't Mr. Chuck Sullivan wear a red belt with black bars?

The IKCA system uses the standard red stripes for 1st-4th degree, a long red bar for 5th, a bar+stripes for 6th-9th, and two long bars for 10th degree. After Grand Master Vic LeRoux was promoted to 10th Degree in 2002, a symbol was created for special occasions use to recognize the Senior Grand Master of the IKCA - which is a 10th degree belt with the colors reversed. Instead of black with red bars, the belt is red with black bars. This belt is only used at special ceremonial occasions, and is not worn when attending or teaching normal classes.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IWishToLearn said:
The IKCA system uses the standard red stripes for 1st-4th degree, a long red bar for 5th, a bar+stripes for 6th-9th, and two long bars for 10th degree. After Grand Master Vic LeRoux was promoted to 10th Degree in 2002, a symbol was created for special occasions use to recognize the Senior Grand Master of the IKCA - which is a 10th degree belt with the colors reversed. Instead of black with red bars, the belt is red with black bars. This belt is only used at special ceremonial occasions, and is not worn when attending or teaching normal classes.

Thanks for the info!!! Kinda cool concept.... I personally would never wear stripes but to each his own..

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
fistlaw720 said:
Aw Mr. Geary....... He was a big topic over at bullshido.com not to long back..... What ever came of all that?

School enrollment is up, and our second location just moved to a new spot that has twice as much space: our floor is now about 25x50 and we don't have to share restrooms with the chiropractor next door. We signed up 5 adults in the last week alone. Like I said over there - nothing any of them say or do will have any imapct on our school, and nothing I say or do will change their mind about us.

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
IWishtolearn-

Thanks for the clarification on Mr. Sullivan's wearing of the reversed belt.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
IWishToLearn said:
Welcome :). Now if someone would just explain Mr. Spry's belt to ME. :)

Mr Spry interacted heavily with the Hawaiian/Samoan kempo/kenpo folks in Souther California. Likely to find something of an amalgamation in there somewhere.

Latest Discussions