on a lighter note.

MRE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have just started Kempo about 5 or 6 months ago. I got into it mainly because my son was interested, but wanted me to join with him. I was a little skeptical because I have been boxing since I was 16 and training in Muay Thai since I was 21. Had to stop in both at 28 because of life changes (moved to a new city, got a job that required alot of travel, etc.). Now that things have stabilized a bit, I can finally pick up in MA again at 33, and am very happy with Kempo. I used to think it wasn't training unless you were hitting someone (and getting hit in return of course). But now, I am partial to learning kata. Maybe its because of my old age, but I really like the idea of flowing through the routines. At least in my mind I am flowing, I probably look like a robot in reality.

I still get my contact fix by going down to the gym once a week to spar with the MMA guys getting ready for their fights, but I think kempo fulfills most of my MA needs.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not exactly new, but I recently started training some Chen style taiji after a long long long break and I'm getting back into Wing Chun after a long long break and I'm pretty excited about it.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In about another six weeks I'll be starting Chen style Tai Chi, that'll be a huge change of pace for me. Also starting up some FMA again after a long hiatus.

Jeff

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Semi-cross training in Wing Chun. Semi because my Cuong Nhu sensei is himself cross training in wing chun. And after sparring on friday nights we run differnit hand drills and practice the forms we know (I know all of chum kyu, and the other person who we do this with only knows sui nim tao). So I'm semi cross training in wing chun.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not a new style, but I have been learning a lot of new things about old styles as of late. And I'm very excited about that.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Started learning this new system of pressure point defense called ATS ( Anatomical Targeting Strategies) attended a couple of introduction classes at seminars and was so impressed I purchased the DVD's..I want to take the Apprentice Instructors class soon because as you all know there is only so much you can learn from DVD's..

OP
lll000000lll

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
Started learning this new system of pressure point defense called ATS ( Anatomical Targeting Strategies) attended a couple of introduction classes at seminars and was so impressed I purchased the DVD's..I want to take the Apprentice Instructors class soon because as you all know there is only so much you can learn from DVD's..

i am very interested in pressure point defense. any suggestions for good DVDs???

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:
i am very interested in pressure point defense. any suggestions for good DVDs???

You can purchase the DVD's at www.ICHF.com or do a google search...I purchased mine at a seminar and it came with a workbook...

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
not strictly new, but I've been learning more and more about my jujitsu, and it's getting very interesting, and absolutely fascinating/

Latest Discussions