ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
and sad at the same time.

[yt]gEDaCIDvj6I[/yt]

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a great classic and highlights the dangers inherent in only sparring against yourself and forming the view you're gonna be the next world champ.
Poor b'stard is like "cr@p, no one ever hit me in the face before, is that what it feels like (??), now why my jedi mind tricks not working on this fella like they do on my hapless students?????????"

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't seen that one in a while. I stilll feel a twinge for his (poor after taking their money) students.

Tommy83

White Belt
Reaction score
I think his students did him a great disservice by keying in on his self delusion and going along with him. Not one student could stand up and say, "uh, I'm not really feeling it." or throw him a real punch? If he wagered that much money he must have really believed in himself. Very sad.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...he must have really believed in himself. Very sad.

I always wondered about this. Most of these kind of extreme frauds, ranging from faith healers, psychics and "spiritual gurus" to these "mystical" martial artists are deliberate fakes and know full well that what they are doing is hogwash and that they are deceiving their students for money and adulation. Yet, some like this poor soul have obviously fallen to a level of self-deception that borders on insanity. Lucky he wasn't teaching levitation or he might have jumped off a building.

There's a lesson to be learned here. We've all met martial arts students who are "a legend in their own mind". Personally, I've always tried to maintain a clear distinction between what I aspire to do and what I can actually do. And lately, do to some injuries, what I can actually do has been greatly reduced.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, this guy has definitely begun to believe his lies. The mind is an interesting organ indeed.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There was a clip of this guy on YouTube long before the fight with the MMA guy. It's almost as funny as a Keystone Kops movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is kinda sad though, some people believe that they are like superman.

Latest Discussions