Oh really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
Isn't that seigan no kamae from the Koto ryu?

Yes it's seigan, and if you owned the Togakure ryu Taijutsu Kihon Material, you would have heard him mention this. Also, in Van Donk's course, this same kamae is called ichimonji, and he doesn't even teach the Gyokko ryu Ichimonji no kamae. Research, anyone?

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mr Weidman,
I thought of some sources you can check that have already given their names. I am sure they will be savaged for it, but there names are already out there and I am not betraying them by listing them again.

You may recall that years ago there was an announcement in the Bujinkan Honbu Dojo itself that Mr Hatsumi did not want people training or associating with three people. Two of the names were Japanese, the third was Mr Hayes.

The person making the announcement was Toshiro Nagato. Some of the people there like Ed Lomax and Tim Bathhurst passed along the announcement as they were asked and were attacked for it. The story was passed off as a rumor started by jealous people by Mr Hayes. Mr Hayes then made a trip for a single session with Mr Hatsumi after several years of not training with him. He repeated it a while later. Then Mr Hatsumi ordered that his name be removed from the Bujinkan board. You know this to be true.

If it was the word to not train or associate with Mr Hayes before his name was removed, what makes you think that it is now ok after this huge show of disaproval?

You have the names of people. You are registered at web sites where they post. Why not ask them if they had heard anything to indicate that things had changed?

alfyed11

White Belt
Reaction score
Mr E...um...I'll just presume your last name ends with an E...

You don't train in this art? Why are you so active in this area? I'm not trying to be particularly insulting, but don't understand why you are involved in discussions about an art you only hear about from "friends" who train in it.

??

- Al (yes, Al, but that is short for...oh, nevermind)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thread has been the cause of multiple RTM's and is being locked pending Admin Review.

Lisa Deneka
MT Assist. Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions