Obsession with Glocks

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="jks9199, And Glocks go bang when you pull the trigger. Damn reliably.
[/QUOTE]
So does any gun that's in good working order. If that's all you're looking for save your money and get a Saturday night special.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So does any gun that's in good working order. If that's all you're looking for save your money and get a Saturday night special.

There's no need to bring in that kind of racist terminology into a discussion about firearms. I strongly advise you to do a bit of research on the term "Saturday Night Special."

You're contradicting your self with the above statement. Cheap, poorly-made handguns will always have a higher level of doubt when it comes to reliability. Try feeding a zinc-alloy handgun with aggressively profiled hollowpoints, and you'll have a weapon that's almost guaranteed to jam, for example.

I'm going to give you a dollar's worth of free advice... Before you start a thread, you may want to do a bit of thinking about what people's reactions will be to that particular title. Will it encourage civil or friendly discussion / debate? Will it bring about criticism to your methods? Even thinking for a minute, predicting what people's reactions may be, can help push your discussions towards the former, instead of the latter.

This isn't just limited to the subject of firearms, but for every possible topic.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a better idea. Provide support for your idiotic claims. Or, as usual, look like a giant tool.

I have nothing to prove to you. You can believe, see, or think whatever you want about me, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's no need to bring in that kind of racist terminology into a discussion about firearms. I strongly advise you to do a bit of research on the term "Saturday Night Special."

You're contradicting your self with the above statement. Cheap, poorly-made handguns will always have a higher level of doubt when it comes to reliability. Try feeding a zinc-alloy handgun with aggressively profiled hollowpoints, and you'll have a weapon that's almost guaranteed to jam, for example.

I'm going to give you a dollar's worth of free advice... Before you start a thread, you may want to do a bit of thinking about what people's reactions will be to that particular title. Will it encourage civil or friendly discussion / debate? Will it bring about criticism to your methods? Even thinking for a minute, predicting what people's reactions may be, can help push your discussions towards the former, instead of the latter.

This isn't just limited to the subject of firearms, but for every possible topic.

I wasn't aware that "Saturday Night Special," had any racist connotations, I thought it simply meant a cheap handgun. Anyway, as I said in the earlier post, any gun that's in good working order will go bang when you pull the trigger. Other factors such as the accuracy of the weapon, ease of use, durability, what kinds and brands of ammo it can take, and if it will stay in good working order and keep going bang after repeated use are a different story. If all a person is looking for in a gun is whether or not it will go bang than there is no reason for them to spend lots of money on a good brand name firearm when they can get one for a much lower price that will to just that, although I think its foolish to look for just that when choosing a gun.

I do think about what I post and I know that some of the stuff I post can be quite controversial and as for receiving negative criticism that is a risk I sometimes take but to me that doesn't really matter because I've learned not to get all worked up over what strangers say behind computer screens. As for this particular thread, Im not saying anybody here is like this but I've known people who have an almost religious obsession with Glocks and while I do think Glocks are good and reliable and definitely something I would recommend adding to your collection, Im not so narrow as to think they're the one and only choice. Im not saying anybody on this board is that narrow either but I've seen people like that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to prove to you. You can believe, see, or think whatever you want about me, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever.

So in honesty, this means you are once again posting unsupported and unsupportable nonsense.

I have an idea. Maybe in the future, you could include "Unsupportable tripe" as part of the subject line in your posts. That way nobody will open one, expecting to find something sensible inside.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got a really good Glock and Im glad I've got it in my collection although I could've instead gotten a Kimber, if I wasn't also getting a Ruger. With that along with the price of the Glock, I was spending enough to buy a Kimber.
So I would rather get a Kimber than a Glock but I couldn't afford one since I was also getting a Ruger.
So you wanted a Kimber but purchased the Glock, could have had a Kimber but purchased a Glock. "IF" you had not purchased a Ruger also you could have had a Kimber.

SO; You Purchased Something You DID NOT Want Which Prevented You Purchasing Something You Do Want! ???!!!
Hmm. Yeah..., Makes sense to me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in honesty, this means you are once again posting unsupported and unsupportable nonsense.

I have an idea. Maybe in the future, you could include "Unsupportable tripe" as part of the subject line in your posts. That way nobody will open one, expecting to find something sensible inside.

It's called deja moo...........

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you wanted a Kimber but purchased the Glock, could have had a Kimber but purchased a Glock. "IF" you had not purchased a Ruger also you could have had a Kimber.

SO; You Purchased Something You DID NOT Want Which Prevented You Purchasing Something You Do Want! ???!!!
Hmm. Yeah..., Makes sense to me.

Actually the Ruger was my first choice. I personally prefer a Ruger over a Glock or a Kimber. As it was, at the time I was purchasing a Ruger which I had wanted for some time and I purchased the Glock as something extra since I also wanted a good semi auto. With the money I had I didn't have enough to purchase a Kimber after the purchase of the Ruger since Kimbers are a bit pricey, even by gun prices, so instead I got a Glock. You see a Kimber costs about as much as a Ruger and a Glock put together. However, at the time had I not purchased the Ruger I would've purchased a Kimber and not a Glock, but as I said the Ruger was my first choice so that is why I purchased that, and purchased a Glock with the money left over, instead of spending it all on just a Kimber.

Last edited:
OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If that's how you want to see my posts that's your choice.

When you open a thread it doesn't mean you will read what you want to. The only way to be sure to not read stuff you don't want to in threads is to not open them in the first place. When you do open a post and read stuff you don't want to, such as unsupportable tripe, by opening the post that is a risk you take.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you open a thread it doesn't mean you will read what you want to. The only way to be sure to not read stuff you don't want to in threads is to not open them in the first place. When you do open a post and read stuff you don't want to, such as unsupportable tripe, by opening the post that is a risk you take.

Well then stop posting dog food and stop post whoring. That another way of putting it :D

Latest Discussions